Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::Server Discussion

Archive::Server Discussion Archive area for Server Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-17-2004, 04:13 AM
{LMC} Roberta
Fire Beetle

right now we are limping along with a 3 meg down and 1 meg up cable connection....but I don't know for sure on what the connection is going to be...more likely T1 if not T3 but not sure how serious the boss is about this server farm.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:24 AM
{LMC} Roberta
Fire Beetle

Huray! Stayed up til 3 am central time this morning and got this maching loaded with an OS (2003 enterprise) now today I am going to load SQL....what do I need to do next and is there a simple walkthrough???
Last time I tried to do this the directions were a bit unclear and some of the steps didn't make sence....but I also never messed with SQL either....maybe this time will be eaiser....
Old 08-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Ueguvil
Hill Giant

Well, when I tried setting up my server not too long ago(semi-successfully), I used this guide:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/vie...d82ac571cd3d67

Was pretty straight-forward... Good luck!
Old 08-19-2004, 11:45 PM
monalin crusader
Hill Giant

Most of the quides and DataBases's are out of date make sure that once u get it where u try to boot up the server and lets say you get error 1034 or something (not a real error) copy some of what the error says and then do a search for it on the boards. Alot of the error have fixes for them sitting around randomly placed on the boards. And i dont think any guide contains all of them. Usualy any error you'll get is because of the DB not being compatable with your binarys. The best thing to do if you keep trying and keep getting errors that are the same and nothing on the forums works. Start a new db again because chances are something got corrupted. If that still doesnt work there are a couple db's out there u can try to use. Its all a learning process i dont think anyone just jumps up and Poof theres a server waiting on them .

Dont give up if u dont succede at first. There are plently of people who can help you here but dont look like an idiot and ask a question we've already answered for the other 20 idiots who asked it and are never greatfull for us taking time to try and help, after awhile we quit helping people like that because they just bitch at you all day because they cant follow your simple directions and supposidly it doesnt work for them. And somehow thats my fault heh.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:20 AM
{LMC} Roberta
Fire Beetle

Grateful for the reply....we had some issues with other game servers we wanted to run so we had to scrap the 2003 enterprise edition and goto 2000 advance server....doom 3 did not like 2003...and sql was having issues also...and I wanted as few problems as azs I could so I would be able to work through them myself with out to much coaching....and I understand the problem of people asking a question and not following simple instructions....
for example...the woman who was unable to see the back of her pc to check the P/S cord because the batteries in her flash light were dead and would have to wait til the power came back on....I am not kidding....this was on a Tech support bulliten board post.

moving the server to its semi permanent location today and getting all the hot swap software installed today to and make sure system runns stable....will start the EQEMU install Sat. night....I wish me luck
Old 08-20-2004, 07:58 AM
bbum
Banned

wewt.. make a kick ass pvp server.. we need one
Old 09-07-2004, 02:16 AM
{LMC} Roberta
Fire Beetle

OK...today is the day...got proliant server all up and running....

gonna do sql server and start on the emulator today.....hehehehhe....just like a kid at christmas

took a while...waiting on a few parts....but do you really need a power supply???
Old 09-07-2004, 02:35 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

you mean your server isn't running off a nuclear backup generator?? wtf...

=D
Old 09-07-2004, 10:36 AM
Deserx01
Sarnak

and then {LMC} Roberta made a server and it was good.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:47 AM
{LMC} Roberta
Fire Beetle

Hard to serve EQ when P/S pukes....got 3 new P/S in and all drives running and array cleaned up...uninstalled SQL 2000 and installed MYSql...now to find step by step instructions...cause this is not going to be your average install..hehehehe
Old 09-07-2004, 11:04 AM
Deserx01
Sarnak

have you started making the server yet or are you still getting ideas?
Old 09-07-2004, 11:46 AM
{LMC} Roberta
Fire Beetle

nope...have machine all done...(just waiting on some plastic parts, front bezel and such) but now is the timre ti figure out what to load and how to do it...got myself a nice US robotics secure storage router and a 3 meg cable connection (sorry, as fast as I can go with my getting very thin wallet) so MY SQL is installed now where can I find good walk through?..found 1 but it refered to win 2003 and other software that I can not run on this box.. have to keep it compatible with the rest of my network also.

So any links to install guides would be helpful...

is it me or am I not finding any other people that have done a EQEMU on a multi processor machine???

http://eccomputerwizards.com/lan/for...opic.php?t=576 this is a link to our stors very informal forums...you can see the machine when we got it and a few pictures..