Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:31 PM
atomic
Sarnak

Default Just wondering

Is there any chance the pack can be updated to include the patch with Rof2 enabled?

I'm only asking as in the last 2 weeks I've had major problems patching it. For example the dos window that should have a menu to backup the database and such does not work for me and ends up breaking my database so when I run the server it just says no zones have loaded yet. I don't know how hard it is for the basic server setup you made to have the first or second patch already added. If not no problem.

Im using a windows 8 64bit OS (maybe 8.1). My whole computer crashed last week so I had to do a full install of windows again so i'm guessing im back on 8.0 again.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:14 PM
Toony
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic View Post
Is there any chance the pack can be updated to include the patch with Rof2 enabled?

I'm only asking as in the last 2 weeks I've had major problems patching it. For example the dos window that should have a menu to backup the database and such does not work for me and ends up breaking my database so when I run the server it just says no zones have loaded yet. I don't know how hard it is for the basic server setup you made to have the first or second patch already added. If not no problem.

Im using a windows 8 64bit OS (maybe 8.1). My whole computer crashed last week so I had to do a full install of windows again so i'm guessing im back on 8.0 again.
It already is, if you use the repack update.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:25 PM
Karnon
Fire Beetle

The program (Repack) took over my computer. Everything I clicked on it tried to delete or re-install the program. MySQL ran in the background (MariaDB) something and it just ran my computer completely nuts. It literally took over. All I did was follow the instructions. After I rebooted it worked great. Second reboot it took over. It took me hours to delete. IDK if this is isolated but it was rather insane. Before that it worked flawlessly. I'll have to find something else unfortunately. Thanks for the work.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:52 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnon View Post
The program (Repack) took over my computer. Everything I clicked on it tried to delete or re-install the program. MySQL ran in the background (MariaDB) something and it just ran my computer completely nuts. It literally took over. All I did was follow the instructions. After I rebooted it worked great. Second reboot it took over. It took me hours to delete. IDK if this is isolated but it was rather insane. Before that it worked flawlessly. I'll have to find something else unfortunately. Thanks for the work.
It's recommended to use a Virtual machine if you can.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

All of my problems were caused by me not reading and being dumb.

Be sure to set your environment manually!
Old 03-04-2015, 10:56 AM
rayman121985
Sarnak

Smile

Thanks for this!

1. Does it have bots?
2. Any custom content?
3. Does it work well with a LAN setup for solo play?

THANKS again!

Ray-
Old 03-26-2015, 10:04 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Works fine on Windows 10.

Good stuff.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:55 PM
Massy2k1
Fire Beetle

This sounds really interesting, I would love to try this out but if I even got it working could I limit it to Kunark only?
Old 03-28-2015, 08:23 AM
Toony
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massy2k1 View Post
This sounds really interesting, I would love to try this out but if I even got it working could I limit it to Kunark only?
Yes, you can limit which expansions are enabled.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:22 AM
Massy2k1
Fire Beetle

This seems to be working which is great, although I cant figure out how to limit the server to Kunark only. I'm sure its obvious but I'm just not that smart, any help would be great.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:04 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Code:
update zone set flag_needed = CONCAT(flag_needed,expansion)WHERE expansion > 2;
update zone set flag_needed = '' WHERE expansion <= 2	;
select * from zone where expansion = 2;
I mean thats one out of 400 ways to do it.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:40 PM
Massy2k1
Fire Beetle

Thx for the reply, I wish I new where to find that. I've run a ton of google searches and looked through here and from what I can tell I need to gain access to a 'variables table'?, honestly cant figure out where that is and I assume what you posted is probably there.

If only I was smarter!
Old 03-30-2015, 01:38 AM
goddest
Fire Beetle

Default Akka's peq

just wondering when I download your file can I not use internet explorer any more also I could not get this even close to running there is no read me file nor your instructions on the web page explain anything about downloading everquest and now I cant get all of the files that came with ur download out of my computer now I have to reinstall windows to fix my computer and loose all my stuff. Thanks alot
Old 03-30-2015, 02:02 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goddest View Post
just wondering when I download your file can I not use internet explorer any more also I could not get this even close to running there is no read me file nor your instructions on the web page explain anything about downloading everquest and now I cant get all of the files that came with ur download out of my computer now I have to reinstall windows to fix my computer and loose all my stuff. Thanks alot
Old 03-30-2015, 02:10 AM
Speedz
Hill Giant

Those that don't read instructions are the reason the warning labels are on blow dryers.