Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:48 AM
Terethian
Sarnak

Default NPC's Won't attack even when KOS?

I am using Peq and caveman / switching between the too and the most up to date on all other programs. The server runs and I can attack the monsters and then they will attack me, but I can wak right by mobs that i con KOS but they still will not attack even if I sit. I did double check the map files. Anyone know why the mobs won't attack?
Old 08-23-2006, 10:07 AM
mattmeck

If you have higer then status 0 the NPC's wont agro you. Yes even a status of 1 makes you non kos.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Terethian
Sarnak

Default yeah but...

How do I check that and how do I change that.... Also guards do not attack kos mobs either....
Old 08-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Aramid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terethian
How do I check that and how do I change that.... Also guards do not attack kos mobs either....
Status is under the accounts table in your database.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Terethian
Sarnak

Default yeah but again....

I do apreciate the replies very much but you must remember I am a little baby and i can't see any database, I don't understand how to edit the database. the DRP editor only does tables not accounts and items and such. and mysql is all dos based and command line driven which i assume does edit it but i have no clue how. Is there a graphical editor for this database? the only thing I do know is I can see the database files in my EQ folder... just need to know how exactly to edit them........
Old 08-24-2006, 12:24 AM
mrea
Discordant

http://www.sqlfront.com/download.html

Old 08-24-2006, 01:12 AM
Terethian
Sarnak

Thanks! I got it now! I can see the real tables finally
Old 08-24-2006, 01:41 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
I do apreciate the replies very much but you must remember I am a little baby and i can't see any database, I don't understand how to edit the database. the DRP editor only does tables not accounts and items and such. and mysql is all dos based and command line driven which i assume does edit it but i have no clue how. Is there a graphical editor for this database? the only thing I do know is I can see the database files in my EQ folder... just need to know how exactly to edit them........
Most of us start like you, so don't worry about it - But the best I can recommend to you is that you learn how to use the wiki;
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=HomePage

And also, the "search" feature to these forums. There is probably an answer to every question you have right now, either in the wiki or posted in the forums.

I try to search first then ask, and still I end up getting posts with quotes to wiki/forums.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:20 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
If you have higer then status 0 the NPC's wont agro you. Yes even a status of 1 makes you non kos.
I could be wrong, but I do not believe this to be true, Matt. I have always been status 250. I get attacked by NPCs (NToV for instance) when I am non-GM. The only time I have found I am non-attack KOS is in GM mode.

Shrug. Maybe the game just hates me more.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:41 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
I could be wrong, but I do not believe this to be true, Matt. I have always been status 250. I get attacked by NPCs (NToV for instance) when I am non-GM. The only time I have found I am non-attack KOS is in GM mode.

Shrug. Maybe the game just hates me more.
Yea, I was thinking the same thing - I remember getting whipped because i was not in GM mode.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:10 AM
Thristam
Hill Giant

Yea, If your in GM mode, you wont get attacked. Turn off GM mode in game by using the #gm off command while targeting yourself.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:31 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thristam
Yea, If your in GM mode, you wont get attacked. Turn off GM mode in game by using the #gm off command while targeting yourself.
I wonder if you turned GM mode off, it would stay off after a server re boot - so lets say (going back to the person who wanted a locked server for his status 10 friends to play) , He could "unset" their GM mode, so mobs would aggro.
Just have #gm command at a higher level.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:35 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

In my experience, if I make my name "blue", it stays blue after I relog back in. Even at status 250. And, if I throw myself off the top-most peak in Tranquility, I do die.

With #gm on, I do not die. Makes for awesome cliff diving competitions.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:03 AM
Terethian
Sarnak

Default Still nada

I set myself to 0 in the status and double checked it. scowls at me ready to attack mobs will still not attack on sight. =(
Old 08-24-2006, 04:48 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
I set myself to 0 in the status and double checked it. scowls at me ready to attack mobs will still not attack on sight. =(
Seems it would not matter what status you have if your account is GM - you would have to turn off your GM mode also.

I carry two accounts, one GM and one non-GM (this way I can't cheat myself by flicking on the GM mode).