Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-07-2005, 07:55 AM
KhaN
Dragon

Quote:
and a project like this will not be on 'TES's' or any other noobie eqemu 3d 'construction set' it will be built with the professional 3d software todays 3d artists know and use.
Stop speak about things you are not able to understand PLEASE.

Old 01-07-2005, 07:56 AM
MrPanz
Banned

I am speaking of nothing I am not able to understand thanks. Way to go off-topic and flame though.

If you want to defend your construction set you point out facts, logic, and reason to explain your opinion as to why its just as good as the professional 3d software outthere, not flame the poster.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:38 AM
KhaN
Dragon

Of course you are speaking about things you doesnt know.

Have you ever launched one of thos professional 3D software you are speaking ? i doubt, well yes, maybe im wrong, maybe you have installed like 3DSMax and made humm ... a teapot~
If you want me to explain how dumb you are, lets go for it.

You are barely making the mix between a 3D Modeler software and a 3D World/Object editor, when sorry, its two different software. WHERE the hell on earth did you heard you could make a game with one of the professionnal software you are speaking about ? Damn, i bet you wouldnt been able to say me three of those 3D professionnal software (3DStudio Max, Alias Wavefront, Softimage, ...). You know, game modeling and scene modeling is two different worlds ?
Game Modeling consist mainly in low-poly modeling (And yes, sorry, but even HL2 is low poly modeling) when polycount ALWAYS have to be taken in count, instead like scene modeling, where polycount is never taken in count. In Game Modeling, do you need like, the last build of Softimage ? Hell no, poser, milkshape (Hi Richardo), Gmax is way enough, because for game modeling, you will never fully use profesionnal 3D software and all their useless functions, because all those software are more oriented in scene modeling and 3D movie animation than game modeling. For game modeling, you only need a 3D modeler that allow you to make poly, UV, bones, animation, thats all.
You are also dumb, because you are dumb enough to assimilate OpenZone to "any other noobie eqemu 3d 'construction set'", man, Did you EVER launched OpenZone and tried to use it more than at least an hour ? Where did you getOpenZone was a somewhat 3D Modeling software ? Because sorry to say you this, but software like OpenZone are been used everyday by company making games. And of course, if one day, someone will take the time to remodel EQ, it will have to use one of the "noobie eqemu 3d 'construction set'" you are speaking about.

Do i needed to first make a long post like this to defend like you are saying my "point out facts, logic, and reason to explain my opinion", dude, wake up, its not an opinion, its reality, and you, you are still dreaming.

PS : Oh btw, in this post i flamed you, but you so must asked for it, sorry.

Old 01-07-2005, 09:35 AM
Richardo
Banned

Yea LOL, OpenZone is not a modeling program, hahaa its more of a .... Prebuilt Mesh Importing Compiler.... Unless your talking about creating the terrain, that is not modeling, thats putting in how big you want something and having it do it for you. You do abosolutely no real modeling work when ceating terrain... I work with Milkshape, and am still learning 3DMax, khan teaches me every so and so, but ehh.. Yea man, that made me laugh in real life about the OpenZone comment.. Nice ownage khan
Old 01-07-2005, 01:06 PM
MrPanz
Banned

khan you barley understand and can barley type english.. your getting confused and upset over things totaly off subject.

Quote:
You are barely making the mix between a 3D Modeler software and a 3D World/Object editor, when sorry, its two different software.
i am barely making the mix? I understand the difference between the two if thats what you mean. The first can do everything the second can do, and the second is for noobs.

Quote:
You are also dumb, because you are dumb enough to assimilate OpenZone to "any other noobie eqemu 3d 'construction set'
I didnt assimilate or compare OpenZone to anything. The way you quoted me is completley out of context. Like you said, OpenZone is not modeling software. Its a "Prebuilt Mesh Importing Compiler" and a random terrain gen.. It is not cappable of producing the 3d for a project like the one described earlier.. all you guys did was prove my point.. and btw thanks for the 3d lesson lol! oh so insightfull.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
khan you barley understand and can barley type english.. your getting confused and upset over things totaly off subject.
First of all hes french, secondly his post wasnt that bad.

Quote:
i am barely making the mix? I understand the difference between the two if thats what you mean. The first can do everything the second can do, and the second is for noobs.
Wrong. OpenZone is NOT a 3D Modeler. It's not. And you just said it is. Theres your problem there, sir.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Richardo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPanz
I didnt assimilate or compare OpenZone to anything. The way you quoted me is completley out of context. Like you said, OpenZone is not modeling software. Its a "Prebuilt Mesh Importing Compiler" and a random terrain gen.. It is not cappable of producing the 3d for a project like the one described earlier .....all you guys did was prove my point.. and btw thanks for the 3d lesson lol! oh so insightfull.
that sentence makes abosolutely no sence.. Basically you are saying, It isnt cappable for Open Zone to produce 3 dimensions for a project, when that is its main function lol

Nah, we proved you dont know what your talking about homie :/

and yes, KhaN is french and he knows english very well... It's just his spelling needs some fixing :p
Old 01-07-2005, 07:14 PM
MrPanz
Banned

Quote:
Basically you are saying, It isnt cappable for Open Zone to produce 3 dimensions for a project, when that is its main function lol
I am not saying Open Zone is not cappable to produce 3 dimensions for a project. But that is not all the project described needs. What you quoted in red is completley true still =/.

Quote:
Wrong. OpenZone is NOT a 3D Modeler. It's not. And you just said it is. Theres your problem there, sir.
Where did i say this? by first i ment 3d modeler's, by second i ment 3d world editor like open zone.

khans spelling is fine. his sentence's barley make sense though. and i think he reads things wrong and then gets upset about it.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:04 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Where did i say this?
Right here, sir:
Quote:
Quote:
You are barely making the mix between a 3D Modeler software and a 3D World/Object editor, when sorry, its two different software.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:42 AM
KhaN
Dragon

Quote:
khan you barley understand and can barley type english..
I can also barley speak french, russian, italian, spanish, and you ?

Also, i agree you on something, compare OZ to a newbie program, and i will kill you, your wife, your parents, your kids, your dog, your cat, ...

Old 01-12-2005, 04:18 PM
MrPanz
Banned

cisyouc, by first i was refering to 3d modeling software, which OZ is not, by second i was refering to a 3d world/object editor, which is what OZ is closer to being. i knew OZ wasnt a 3d modeler since my first post, i never even brought that up, you guys did. my only point on OZ was that it could not produce the 3d for a project like described. what i did do is call OZ an 'newbie eqemu construction set'. i apologize for that.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:47 PM
sr2
Fire Beetle

Hrm...I'll try to inject some non-hatefull commentary here...getting a bit heated here.

Have you guys looked at Vanguard? Its designed by the original EQ designers and they have free reign to do what they want by Micro$oft. I, unfortunately, never got to try old-school EQ and came in right after PoP came out so I've never seen the "real" game. Hopefully Vanguard is more of what your looking for.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Please, let's everyone calm down...

Is OpenZone a modeling tool? Not really...I'm not quite sure how to categorize it, and I wrote the darned thing. It's really designed for only one thing: constructing zones. You can do it all from within OpenZone (like the four I released that are up on SourceForge), or you can import content from real modeling tools and use that. The best way to think of it is a Zone Construction Set. Is it noobish? Probably...I don't know the first thing about real 3D modeling tools, and when I designed it I figured that most people don't either. I designed it for people like me -- I know how to build a GUI with tools like VB/Delphi, and OpenZone is modeled after those. It's more suited for placing pieces of a zone where you wish rather than building entirely from scratch, though it can do either.

This thread started with what kinds of zones people would like to see, so let me see if I can put forth a weak attempt at getting it back on track. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm sick to death of SOE content, the world of Norrath, and the entire mythos contained within. I think a critical part of any fantasy world is the thrill of discovery and how fantasy is so broad that there's lots of room for uniqueness (think of every fantasy book you've ever read and how they all differ on many levels). In that sense, I think that customizing zones, items, and models (probably in that order, from least difficult to most difficult) is a noble cause and one that will attract many users.

That's not to say that nostalgia for pre-Kunark EQ isn't a bad thing (and I agree that SOE ruined the game after Kunark), but I don't think it's really different enough from EQLive to attract users to more than a small degree. If I still enjoyed EQLive (and that was so long ago that I can't remember how long it's actually been anymore) I would just play EQLive. Their subscription price wasn't that much -- what I couldn't stand were the time required, the overpopulation of the world, and the fact that the game eventually became old hat (the last one isn't SOE's fault -- it arises simply from time spent playing the game). Still, there isn't anything about OpenEQ that precludes either scenario, though I clearly have a bias towards totally unique worlds.

Let me just say that OpenZone is just a first crack at building zones, and it was done to make it as easy as possible. Suggestions are always welcome (and a thread on that might do some good), and it's *open source*...there's no reason why it has to be the only world-building tool out there (hint, hint).
Old 01-12-2005, 07:04 PM
MrPanz
Banned

theres no need for another world building tool. i think openzone is perfect, it allows people who arnt 3d modellers to do a decent ammount of world building and allows importing from common 3d formats. what else could you want hehe.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:41 AM
Vaerie
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPanz
khans spelling is fine. his sentence's barley make sense though. and i think he reads things wrong and then gets upset about it.
Barley is a vegetable...I think...oh well, I know it's some type of food.

P.S. I'm baaaaack! Is Melwin still here? I hope not...

Last edited by Vaerie; 01-17-2005 at 03:44 PM..