Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

View Poll Results: Name for Guildwar type server..
Expropriation 5 11.11%
Brotherhood's Clash 2 4.44%
Clan's Diffusion 1 2.22%
Tribal Occupations 3 6.67%
Moonlight Requisition 5 11.11%
Defiance of Harmony 29 64.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2004, 01:27 PM

he isn't getin gw db~~
Old 12-31-2004, 03:24 PM
Richardo
Banned

Duh ;p
Old 12-31-2004, 06:57 PM
UrbelT
Fire Beetle

Default Defiance of Harmony

Well, I have chosen Defiance of Harmony based on popular demand for the server name.

I'm not sure if you guys even talked to image about the server or what, but as I stated earlier, I informed image of the server and he did not say anything like you guys post. I've done some research of World of War, and i've been told it is not going to be like the old guildwars server...

But like I said, he e-mailed me with the owner and creator of the DB and I am currently trying to set something up to get the DB.

If you guys want to continue to follow the server, we've created a website at: http://www.DefianceOfHarmony.com

Thanks for all the help everyone!

-UrbelT
Old 12-31-2004, 07:05 PM
Richardo
Banned

Dude listen to me, I know Image and Devnoob very well and I have asked for this Database (when I wanted to do guildwars) and they said no. "IwishicoulddrawlikeKhaN" is right, and he knows Dev and Image better than us both, trust me bro. You wont get the Database :(... Anyhow, read your PM I sent you...
Old 12-31-2004, 09:53 PM
Richardo
Banned

btw, its not like guildwars had a (lot) of work in the database, besides spawns, and a few items n' stuff.. oh and lets not forget the extra guildwars tables.. It would be easy to recreate..
Old 01-01-2005, 05:21 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Shoulda used a collector while playing GW. Then you'd have 90% of your work done for you. You think PEQ inserts every mob spawn by hand? Heck no!

Yeah I bet if anyone actually did that, it woulda sent Image and Devnoob into a tizzy. Woulda been fun to watch the whole thing play out tho :P
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:14 AM
Richardo
Banned

LOL
Old 01-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Z.Wylde
Sarnak

why do devnoob and image control whether a guildwars server gets created or not? what are they going to do? sue you ? for what....copying something they dont even own in the first place?

plus, why would they give a flyin fuck? its not they they do anything constructive anymore....
Old 01-03-2005, 04:04 PM
jesus123
Fire Beetle

I, for one, salute Defiance of Harmony!!!!!

I randomly went on EQemulator.net the other day after the EQEmu addiction hit me; I just NEEEDED to see if a GuildWars-like server was back or on the way. To my surprise and extreme delight, this topic was on the Hot Topics list on the main page... I guess I got lucky, since this was my first visit to the site in a DAAAAMN long time.

Anyway, I love the idea and will support the server!

Who do I contact (via email) to volunteer for being a tester for the server? I played on at least 2 versions of GuildWars that I remember (and got top level and everything; was a huge fan until it completely got messed up and shortly got knocked off the net), I played on EQLive a while ago, and I played on Winter's Roar. I've also beta-tested and played other MMORPG's. Thus, I have the experience, but I know lots of people do; but I also have the WILL.

I will stop playing other regular games and will dedicate a lot of time to DoH. I will just love contributing ideas (realistic ones, of course), finding bugs, etc, along with everything else you'd want me to do of that nature. I know what aspecs of GW went wrong and what worked, as well as what should have worked.

Please either post here with contact info or email me at geevil@gmail.com if you'll grant me my wish and let me be a beta tester

EDIT: By the way, I'm willing to do more than just test, but my skills in programming or anything like that just won't help. Can you tell me what possible "positions" I could fill, though? For example, I could help create stats for new items (although that will require coding, you still need ideas for new items on a new server), public relations, something like that Most things that just require writing I can do; my verbal skills are above par, even if this post was rushed and has tons of grammatical errors.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:43 PM
GAYLOVEPANDA
Banned

i dont know much about guild wars.. but i want race wars! open pvp with faction having a large impact, if you kill your own race guards should kill you and you go outcast till you gain faction back!! choose which races you decide to ally with! the fate of the server depends on your alliances!!
Old 01-04-2005, 03:43 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Sounds neat. Better get started coding :P
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:57 AM
MrPanz
Banned

Quote:
dont know much about guild wars.. but i want race wars! open pvp with faction having a large impact, if you kill your own race guards should kill you and you go outcast till you gain faction back!! choose which races you decide to ally with! the fate of the server depends on your alliances!!
thats called old school tallon zek. except you couldnt kill your own races.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:37 PM
UrbelT
Fire Beetle

Default Status report.

Well, we've got a website like I've mentioned: http://www.DefianceOfHarmony.com and we will keep everyone posted, including taking applications for certain positions, etc.. The time is getting much closer then I expected. We now have a compiled GW 6.0 DR2 working. We need to go through and fix the major bugs to get everything in working order, but the GW engine is basically done once bugs are all worked out.

If you are interested in joining our team or helping out with testing just keep checking the website every once in a while, once we get a *playable* version we will take it out of Alpha and into beta so people can start testing.

Thanks a lot for everyone's support and hopefully within a few weeks the server will be up and running for the public.

Thanks again
-UrbelT
Old 01-09-2005, 12:43 PM
IAjesus123
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the update (although I've already keeping close track of the official site :p)!

I think that one thing we have to work on is getting as many people as possible on this server. One of the best things about GW was its popularity, and if approximately the same number of people play DoH, DoH can become the new EQEmu sensation (especially considering you guys seem like far more polite and serious developers than Image and Devnoob)
Old 01-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

That is such a wicked acronym lol.

DoH!!!
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.