Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-09-2021, 01:16 PM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splose View Post
Does this rule do anything?

Character:UseOldConSystem false Setting whether the pre SoF era consider system should be used
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
No, I tried that true and false, nothing changed. I know it's on my end somewhere, but confused with a fresh, unedited db and clean client, right off the disks doing it.

i'm not too concerned about it right now, too busy with my other stuff to waste any time on it. Just spent the day populating 70+ empty "cloth cap" merchants with correct items that I forgot about long ago, lol
I have that rule set to 'true' in my database and I'm getting light blue spawns. Here are my expansion rules. Maybe its the "clientbasedexpansionsettings" rule that has something to do with it?

Old 03-09-2021, 01:54 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splose View Post
I have that rule set to 'true' in my database and I'm getting light blue spawns.
No, tested that setting the other day. Here is what I see, under any rule settings (I've tested a lot) :

With RoF2:

2-5 levels above the mob, it cons dark blue. 6 levels above, it cons grey.

With Titanium:

2-3 levels above the mob, it cons dark blue. 4 levels above, it cons green.

Even though, the "con" scale is already different with titanium, by default, (had a discussion on that topic long ago), I usually go through quite vigorous testing and troubleshooting before i even post an issue on these forums. I just wanted to know if anyone had ever encountered it before. It really isn't a big priority to me. But I do appreciate everyone's efforts, thanks.
Old 07-18-2021, 03:07 PM
Vire70
Sarnak

Anyone ever figure this out? I'm currently stuck with (on Titanium) the light blue con system when I want the actually classic one (green > dark blue > white), so the reverse of this problem it seems.
Old 07-18-2021, 03:19 PM
fryguy
Sarnak

Anything post Titanium and the client manages the cons. I even went as far as writing a full Fake con system to make the client "See" the mobs as a DB when it would normally show a lightblue. It somewhat worked but some respawns and Tracking were very broken with that function and we just decided to use the new con system since it eventually fell into our era.

tl;dr if you want old con, you need to use Titanium
Old 07-21-2021, 06:20 PM
Vire70
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy View Post
Anything post Titanium and the client manages the cons. I even went as far as writing a full Fake con system to make the client "See" the mobs as a DB when it would normally show a lightblue. It somewhat worked but some respawns and Tracking were very broken with that function and we just decided to use the new con system since it eventually fell into our era.

tl;dr if you want old con, you need to use Titanium
Well, as I said, I am using Titanium but I can't seem to disable light blue cons. None of the rules effected it. I'd be interested if you know a way to do it.
Old 07-22-2021, 04:42 PM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vire70 View Post
Well, as I said, I am using Titanium but I can't seem to disable light blue cons. None of the rules effected it. I'd be interested if you know a way to do it.
Do it by the UI. Set the lightblue to green or something. I doubt this will change it in the tracking window, though.

eqfolder/uifiles/default/TargetIndicator.ini

Without hacking the client thats really gonna be the only option, at least to my knowledge.