Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:57 AM
kavren
Sarnak

Default General question about character movement

In my server it seems like the models of the players "dance" or "sway" back and forth. They models seem to look the "wrong" direction at times. Everything plays find, it's just that the models move funny.

I was just wondering what the reason for that might be and also if there was something I could do to change it on my server?
Old 03-24-2009, 12:52 PM
So_1337
Dragon

Do all players on your server experience this, or just you? And are you running a computer with a dual core processor?
Old 03-24-2009, 06:13 PM
trevius
Developer

Kavren, have you ever played EQ1 before? If I am understanding you correctly, it sounds like you are just seeing the normal animations that the NPCs are programed to do. Maybe you are used to some of the newer games that have NPCs that will actually turn their head and look at you as you walk by or stand near them. The animations in EQ are not that complex. NPCs in EQ are set to do particular animation sequences while just "standing still". Normally, you will see them breathing and every few seconds they will do some kind of look around or stance change or any other random movement they are set to do. That is something programed into the client and we have no control over it. I am guessing the dance you are talking about is just one of their random animations. Each race has their own set of possible animations that they can do.

If you hail an NPC, it should turn to face you, but it isn't going to look at your face, just in your general direction.

If your issue is something other than this, then maybe you are having some other issue.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:17 PM
kavren
Sarnak

The issue I am having is with the PC's. NPC model movement is fine. The typical pc stats of my friends who are connecting to my server are dual cores, probably a mix of intel and amd, with around 2 to 4 gigs ram and average nvida cards. The Server is a dual core with 2 gigs ram.

I played EQ1 along time ago (around Kunark release). The PC movment from the live game to what I am playing now is diffreent. It's like the model of the PC is always turning around and when it moves, it jumps. It seems this is the same across all my friends who are connecting (I have about 4 others connecting).

The game is playable, I was just wondering if there was a tweak I could do to change the "jumpiness" of the PC's.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:23 PM
swish
Hill Giant

I know theres a problem when you zone in and a person already has a levitate, you will see him falling and bumping instead of floating...
Old 03-30-2009, 01:09 PM
kavren
Sarnak

I think I'm not explaining this correctly. I will try and do a video capture and post on youtube and setup a link. Anyone know a good piece of capturing software I can use to capture in game stuff?