Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:01 PM
Absynthe2k5
Fire Beetle

Default LF Server Details at 11...

Greetings,

I just started playing on green 99 and it's great don't get me wrong but eventually I think they spit me back to blue and restart progression etc>?>? I OG played on red 99 as I love pvp but these days no one wants to pvp prolly whatever power guild owned red over did it and chased everyone off or drama lamas etc. Who knows but I miss it. If I can't have pvp can I at least get:

Looking for:
Server with limited boxing. Maybe 2 box or three tops mainly just for buff bots etc.

Updated character models (While nostalgia and 99's vision are fine, I find the old models bland and imho there is no reason you can't enjoy the difficulty of OG EQ with prettier armor/body/face models too many people stuck on the ideal that it has to be perfectly OG in every way no QOL EVER!)

I main Bard but I am old now and have arthritis so /Melody or even mq2 twist macro would be welcome but not needed.

More then velious...

I see something on server lists about bots are these like the companions you can get in live?

Custom content is fine also but I don't want to ding max lvl in an hour but can also live with no hell levels lol if you get my meaning.

Good community with no overbloated forums where you find 60 10 year old info items all contradcting each other.

AA's are ok hell can't go near a ranger without autofire and endless quiver, nope never going through that hell again I mained ranger in 99 NFT'S!!!

The possibility of guild wars a thing? I am not sure if anyone realizes this or knew it but before they released pvp servers two heads of guilds could initiate a guild war and once active both guilds players were kos to each other anywhere until the Guild Heads conceded. So ya long before the game Guild Wars came or even EQ pvp server there were guilds on Bertox server battling it out to see who had the best raid gear! Shout out to Dark Assassin's Regiment the true OG of all OG pvp guilds in gaming...

Last edited by Absynthe2k5; 08-04-2022 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: add
Old 08-04-2022, 10:03 PM
Absynthe2k5
Fire Beetle

Oh I should add the XP bonus on some servers was appealing but the 6x box allowed kinda killed for me this means people camping things and no chance to ever get in a group etc. I know not all boxers are that way but met too many that are. (I main a bard so I get it I will solo lvl the bard but I have a friend playing and we can also play other toons and join guilds and be sociable cause it's fun!
Old 08-04-2022, 10:30 PM
Absynthe2k5
Fire Beetle

Currently after reviewing the list Lazarus Project/Eqtitan/Wefarer/Imperium all look interesting. The hidden forrest looks amazing but with that few players i'd stay on red99 I think. The population on LP looks healthy but the 6 box option could mean as little as 100 real players and fighting for boxer camps doesn't seem fun at all and I don't want to feel like I have to box to compete.

Any opinions for or against any of these servers?
Old 08-04-2022, 10:37 PM
fryguy
Sarnak

My super biased opinion (As I am the owner) is that WFH if super enjoyable, however Lazarus, Imperium and WFH all have very different play styles. Play what you think will be the most enjoyable for your desires.
Old 09-07-2022, 02:44 PM
Dante212
Fire Beetle

I feel we are basically at the same point OP.

I play on Green 99 but I feel so limited. Hard locking the updated models out really makes it difficult for me to endure.

I prefer solo or due/tri boxing. It's sad there's only one option for enforced solo and its locked so far behind everything else. I really love green but the models/lack of content kill me.

I would suggest avoiding lazarus based on your statements. To give an example I solo leveled an enchanter in one day to 25 and he hits red mobs for 168 damage in melee twinked out in what most would consider end game gear. All I earned myself though the overly generous drop system. You can also run 6 toons at once like this on laz so it was a bit to god mode for me.

I checked out PEQ and it didnt really catch me plus unbridled boxing

I started on WFH and so far I do like it a lot, but I am super concerned on the population. Subtract 40 or so for bazaar bots and then divide by 3 for an idea how many are on WFH at a time.

Al' kabor seems similar to WFH but I have yet to delve into it. It does concern me the age of the client.

For me it seems I'm sticking to green for now (may be a more interesting option if they redo green next year) or deciding between WFH and Al'Kabor

If Green had content up to PoP It would be no contest

If WFH had greens actual population it would be no contest

If both wee true I would play on both
Old 09-07-2022, 08:34 PM
Etilia
Fire Beetle

I had a blast on Imperium. I would say it's the closest to what you looking for.