Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 02-02-2008, 06:57 AM
IADarkyth
Dragon

Quote:
General::Server Discussion (8 Viewing)
Discuss and post info about servers here.
I am a little confused by what you mean Angelox as this is indeed an eqemulator project which uses eqemulator code. The forum was created to promote everquest emulator servers, although not implied, that use eqemulator code.

Please explain how this is a "hybrid" form of spam and how this is "another project" in comparison to a majority of the servers (that some have websites including forums hosted off of eqemulator.net) posted in the server discussion area.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:06 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by IADarkyth View Post
Please explain how this is a "hybrid" form of spam and how this is "another project" in comparison to a majority of the servers (that some have websites including forums hosted off of eqemulator.net) posted in the server discussion area.
Is incorrect. There are no game servers that are in anyway hosted by EQEmulator.net. The EQEmu "core" remains neutral in that area, and probably always will do so.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:04 AM
Zlandicar
Sarnak

Well they are trying to get to host the loginserver, so everyone can use there username and password so really it will be apart of the EQEMU community

Last edited by Cripp; 02-04-2008 at 12:17 PM..
Old 02-02-2008, 08:09 AM
IADarkyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
Is incorrect. There are no game servers that are in anyway hosted by EQEmulator.net. The EQEmu "core" remains neutral in that area, and probably always will do so.
I understand the legality of this, what I meant was that it was a forum for "server discussion" which is essentially discussing and promoting your server (the servers that are related to the eqemu code).

So I am asking how promoting and discussing our server (which is a part of the eqemu community and wants to be directly involved with the community) is spam and off-topic.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:07 AM
IADarkyth
Dragon

or you could just ignore my valid points.

http://forums.projectnorrath.com/showthread.php?t=73

I have started working on various things that I have wanted to implement into EQEmu for a long time but never got around to doing while I used to be active here.

I am going to write a couple scripts and release them to the 3rd party dev and custom code forums.

1. ) Spell Extraction to Wiki

As far as I know this has already been done by someone on the Shards of Dalaya board and when I saw that, it reinforced what I wanted to do. Originally I was going to just try to find some lists of class spells on archive.org, but I decided that it would be an interesting script to parse and post them directly to a wiki especially for people who run custom servers and use custom spells.

2. ) Extended Character Profiles

I have started to write a modular character profile similar to magelo with php and mysql, it also uses a template system called smarty. I only plan on releasing a version for classic, but it will be wrote so that people can make it up to date.

We also have plans on launching a PvP server down the line when we have fixed a lot of the balance issues and broken spells, with this I would like to put up a killboard of sorts that will display when a player has killed another player and give some various information about that encounter.

If you have ever played Halo and visited the Bungie boards you can find some pretty detailed information about players and games and this is sort of what I want to go for.

I plan on using these maps: http://www.projectnorrath.com/images/map.jpg , http://www.projectnorrath.com/images/map2.jpg.

Also if anyone is interested, I extracted the old icons and spell gems (for use with the wiki script)

http://www.projectnorrath.com/images/icons/icons.html

http://www.projectnorrath.com/images/gems/gems.html
Old 02-04-2008, 04:12 AM
Sathiran
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlandicar View Post
Well they are trying to get to host the loginserver, so everyone can use there username and password so really it will be apart of the EQEMU community
^^^^^^^This

Last edited by Cripp; 02-04-2008 at 12:17 PM..
Old 03-16-2008, 07:26 AM
Juniorcanes12
Fire Beetle

Default ?

Why is it when i try to click on Projectnorrath.com it always redirects me to eqclassic.org
Old 03-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Lulian
Fire Beetle

I think the project burned, since EQclassic.org is a lot more popular.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:54 AM
Zlandicar
Sarnak

Who said it's been burned ? Progress is good.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:35 AM
Juniorcanes12
Fire Beetle

are there any other classic everquest projects other than eqclassic.org?
project norrath dosnt seem to exsist any more because their site hyperlinks to eqclassic. but is there any other projects?
Old 03-18-2008, 07:26 AM
Cripp
Discordant

ya project norrath is dead.. and there really arent any active developing classic servers.

www.nugblazers.com