Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Pirate123
Fire Beetle

Default Spell Importer Help

Hey, a guy helping me on my server was creating some custom spells and i went to import them to the server with the spell importer, but i get an instant "Importing text file... FAIL" followed by "Error: Import Error" right off the bat, but as soon as i take his spells out, it works perfectly fine. any idea whats going on? we cant figure out why its doing it. his custom spells are at the very end so it should be giving an error right off the bat should it?

Also i have noticed that if i put the custom spells in the spell file, it fails, but if i delete the custom spell files and resave as the original spells_us.txt it still fails. but as soon as i replace the edited spells_us with the original back up that is the EXACT same file. it loads the spells into the DB no problem. For some reason the custom spells being added, and then deleted, is still causing the program to fail.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:41 PM
nenelan
Hill Giant

Bet it's your encoding on notepad. Check that.