Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 10-13-2004, 04:29 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

oops. ya. im a tard..

lmfaolmfao
Old 10-14-2004, 07:50 AM
ryder911
Hill Giant

Im waiting for DnL fuck blizzard and fuck SoE
Old 10-21-2004, 01:31 AM
mysticalninjajesus
Banned

cisyouc, its your own fault for thinking eq1 is going anywhere. its not the same development team that made evrquest.. there the team that ruined it.. why would you buy anything else from them.. theyve already proven there idiots years ago.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:45 AM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

How can you call them idiots when you say there instead of they're.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:59 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

somebody shoot the elephant put him out of his misery ^^

:P
Old 10-21-2004, 06:46 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticalninjajesus
cisyouc, its your own fault for thinking eq1 is going anywhere. its not the same development team that made evrquest.. there the team that ruined it.. why would you buy anything else from them.. theyve already proven there idiots years ago.
I disagree. I loved luclin, PoP and even Ykesha. From ldon after....

EQ is going somewhere. Its just not forward.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:44 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Quote:
EQ is going somewhere. Its just not forward.
I seems to be going to India. :evil:
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:04 PM
Mongrel
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisyouc
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbox114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisyouc
After EQLive's recent nerfs to the Enchanter class, my main, I will be canceling my account and never purchasing anything related to Sony Online ever again.
Just curious what did they nerf on the enchanters?
  • Enchanters got a useless effect on Epic 1.5
  • New Enchanter Charm Spells do NOT work in any zones outside of OoW.
  • Many zones with mobs that JUST meet level 64 for CoD charming (PoP spell), in ALL expansions, are flagged immune.
  • When charming in OoW, regardless of a spell, the DPS on the pet will instantly degrade 40-70% depending on the mob.
  • CC is been eliminated as there are no more adds in Omens and everything can be singled.
  • Sony has been giving false ratios of the nerf so all the other classes agree with them, making us look bad. They are saying with haste and pet toys it will hit for the same as an unhasted mob, and when it breaks it will be like 'just another add'. WRONG. When the charm breaks the pet's dps goes back to normal, IN ADDITION to the haste and pet toys it has. They fail to mention this when explaining the nerf, and thusly, shows even more disregard for the class.
  • We have the only epic 1.5 to have 1 augment slot, not two. (This will be changed in next patch, but its ironic)
  • Aggro on Pacification Resists have been DRASTICALLY lowered.
  • Mezzes are less reliable than lets say a bard or ranger pulling.....Last time I checked we were supposed to be masters of CC, eh?
  • Every other slowing class has gotten a slow upgrade. We still use our Kunark slow.
  • Mobs hit way too fast and too hard for Ethereal Rune, the rune upgrade, to make any difference than Arcane Rune.
I'm sure theres more, those are the ones just off of the top of my head.
Well, grats to getting your class nerfed after ... what? ... 8 expansions? My class (Monk) was nerfed with the first (Kunark) and was never restored to what it was before.

I'm now waiting for all the Iksar fanbois to show up and tell me how Iksar monks rock ... fuck you. If you haven't played a monk to 40+ pre-Kunark you have to rights to talk about the class.

Bleh, sorry, had to get that out.

EQEMu files

Winter's Roar spell database
Old 10-21-2004, 09:50 PM
Killerlol
Fire Beetle

Well, I may try EQ2. If SOE treats paladins like they do in the first game then I'll go to WoW and see if its any better.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:23 AM
jbb
Hill Giant

EQ2 for sure.

I've been playing the beta for a few weeks and it's been great fun even with the few problems they've had (and you'd expect in beta).

I can't wait to start playing for real. Sure, there will be bugs to fix and new content to add after the launch but that doesn't matter. It's playable now and I've been having a whole lot of fun playing it and that's what matters.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:09 AM
Farrenz
Hill Giant

wow
Old 10-24-2004, 05:31 AM
Scorpx725
Discordant

Its funny how chanters complain now being nerfed, after other classes have taken a wack for the past 7 or 8 expansions. Your mad your over powered toy was taken away, and you dont like it. Too bad.

Now you know how bards felt, or monks. Its a game, play it. Dont like it, leave, they really dont care.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:08 AM
Scorpx725
Discordant

ANd yea, Ill be playing EQ2 and WoW, since I have friends from live playing both.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:09 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpx725
Its funny how chanters complain now being nerfed, after other classes have taken a wack for the past 7 or 8 expansions. Your mad your over powered toy was taken away, and you dont like it. Too bad.

Now you know how bards felt, or monks. Its a game, play it. Dont like it, leave, they really dont care.
You are missing the point. It may have been a tad overpowering, however there are many other solutions that could have been done instead of this. We were told before OoW that charm changes were NOT going to be in effect with the release of OoW, and they did. We were tricked into getting the expansion. Also, they explained the "changes" which, were, no doubt, nerfs, completely wrong to other classes. They explained it as when we haste the pet it should hit as if it was a nonhasted pet when charmed. And when the charm breaks it will be "just another add". WTF? No, its also HASTED. The risk v. reward is totally off. Another solution that was brought up in the serverwide channels on live and on some enchanters' boards was having charmed mobs have a recourse so their dps stays low for about 15 seconds after charm breaks, or instead of reducing his dps, slow the mob 1% so that it cannot be hasted.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:26 AM
Scorpx725
Discordant

Quote:
You are missing the point. It may have been a tad overpowering, however there are many other solutions that could have been done instead of this.
Same goes for the bard nerf. Wizards and Druids can still Quad, why should we? Let us kill 8 at once since it will take us longer.

Quote:
We were told before OoW that charm changes were NOT going to be in effect with the release of OoW, and they did. We were tricked into getting the expansion. Also, they explained the "changes" which, were, no doubt, nerfs, completely wrong to other classes. They explained it as when we haste the pet it should hit as if it was a nonhasted pet when charmed. And when the charm breaks it will be "just another add". WTF? No, its also HASTED. The risk v. reward is totally off. Another solution that was brought up in the serverwide channels on live and on some enchanters' boards was having charmed mobs have a recourse so their dps stays low for about 15 seconds after charm breaks, or instead of reducing his dps, slow the mob 1% so that it cannot be hasted.
Thats whats wrong and I agree, but still, when somethings nerfed its more of a fix, just sony usualy does it wrong.