Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 10-10-2004, 07:29 AM
Rogean
Administrator

Default EQ2 or WoW?

Ya, I know this kind of post is ALL over the place, but I want to see what the majority of EQEmu players say. Theres no poll, because I want people to say more than just 'WoW' or 'EQ2'. I want to see some reasons.

I have played both of them, I was in the Stress test for WoW, and I'm in EQ2 Beta right now. WoW I got up to a level 8 Night Elf Rogue. EQ2 I am currently a level 12 Wood Elf Rogue (And climbing).

I would have to say that so far, I enjoy EQ2 More. Not only do the graphics really put a feel into the game, but the gameplay is pretty good. Also, How could I fail to mention.. QUESTS? Quests all over the place, tons of them to do, Solo and group. EQ2 Doesn't just throw you in and say 'kill stuff, get levels jya'. It has a bunch of quests you can do and just doing them you can get up to level 6-10 easily.

Also, as a side note if anyone feels like making another comment on this, I noticed that WoW and EQ2 have similar 'gameplay' engines. Not visuals, But I mean like the backend, You just notice many things are similar. This makes me curious as to if they really are using the same engine and if so who made it, etc.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:21 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

After EQLive's recent nerfs to the Enchanter class, my main, I will be canceling my account and never purchasing anything related to Sony Online ever again.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:55 PM
wize_one
Dragon

dont think i'll be going to eq2.. to many issues so far.. only giving beta about a week more to fix the probs b4 giving up.
Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:55 AM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisyouc
After EQLive's recent nerfs to the Enchanter class, my main, I will be canceling my account and never purchasing anything related to Sony Online ever again.
Just curious what did they nerf on the enchanters?

I will never play another SOE game myself cause of the way they treat there customers on EQ. Also I have seen the absolute BS they require players to do just to be able to use zones they paid for (I never did see half of the POP due to that flagging quest). I won't even go into GOD, think I used 2 zones with taht expansion.

Unless you can get into *Insert top 5 guilds on your server* You bascially can't enjoy the better half of the game. And even if you are in one of these guilds you gotta devote your life and soul to the game and spend 5+ hours raiding stuff and HOPE you win. I have alot more respect for Blizzard then I do for SOE, so I would consider WOW.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:17 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

Quote:
I have alot more respect for Blizzard then I do for SOE, so I would consider WOW.
I did too, until they showed their real colors by sueing a battlenet emulator....
Old 10-12-2004, 05:33 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Both companies are on my shitlist. SOE after the crapfest game SWG and Blizzard after them suing the emulator group. Sorry. i've boycotted both.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:49 AM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar1898
Quote:
I have alot more respect for Blizzard then I do for SOE, so I would consider WOW.
I did too, until they showed their real colors by sueing a battlenet emulator....
I hadn't heard about that.

Ok I hate them both now then.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:10 AM
eq_addict_08
Hill Giant

I will be playing EQemu
Old 10-12-2004, 07:52 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbox114
Quote:
  • Enchanters got a useless effect on Epic 1.5
  • New Enchanter Charm Spells do NOT work in any zones outside of OoW.
  • Many zones with mobs that JUST meet level 64 for CoD charming (PoP spell), in ALL expansions, are flagged immune.
  • When charming in OoW, regardless of a spell, the DPS on the pet will instantly degrade 40-70% depending on the mob.
  • CC is been eliminated as there are no more adds in Omens and everything can be singled.
  • Sony has been giving false ratios of the nerf so all the other classes agree with them, making us look bad. They are saying with haste and pet toys it will hit for the same as an unhasted mob, and when it breaks it will be like 'just another add'. WRONG. When the charm breaks the pet's dps goes back to normal, IN ADDITION to the haste and pet toys it has. They fail to mention this when explaining the nerf, and thusly, shows even more disregard for the class.
  • We have the only epic 1.5 to have 1 augment slot, not two. (This will be changed in next patch, but its ironic)
  • Aggro on Pacification Resists have been DRASTICALLY lowered.
  • Mezzes are less reliable than lets say a bard or ranger pulling.....Last time I checked we were supposed to be masters of CC, eh?
  • Every other slowing class has gotten a slow upgrade. We still use our Kunark slow.
  • Mobs hit way too fast and too hard for Ethereal Rune, the rune upgrade, to make any difference than Arcane Rune.
I'm sure theres more, those are the ones just off of the top of my head.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:49 AM
jimbox114
Hill Giant

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbox114
Quote:
  • Enchanters got a useless effect on Epic 1.5
  • New Enchanter Charm Spells do NOT work in any zones outside of OoW.
  • Many zones with mobs that JUST meet level 64 for CoD charming (PoP spell), in ALL expansions, are flagged immune.
  • When charming in OoW, regardless of a spell, the DPS on the pet will instantly degrade 40-70% depending on the mob.
  • CC is been eliminated as there are no more adds in Omens and everything can be singled.
  • Sony has been giving false ratios of the nerf so all the other classes agree with them, making us look bad. They are saying with haste and pet toys it will hit for the same as an unhasted mob, and when it breaks it will be like 'just another add'. WRONG. When the charm breaks the pet's dps goes back to normal, IN ADDITION to the haste and pet toys it has. They fail to mention this when explaining the nerf, and thusly, shows even more disregard for the class.
  • We have the only epic 1.5 to have 1 augment slot, not two. (This will be changed in next patch, but its ironic)
  • Aggro on Pacification Resists have been DRASTICALLY lowered.
  • Mezzes are less reliable than lets say a bard or ranger pulling.....Last time I checked we were supposed to be masters of CC, eh?
  • Every other slowing class has gotten a slow upgrade. We still use our Kunark slow.
  • Mobs hit way too fast and too hard for Ethereal Rune, the rune upgrade, to make any difference than Arcane Rune.
I'm sure theres more, those are the ones just off of the top of my head.
Sounds like alot of BS. I played a enchanter, but only to level 54 so alot of that stuff I don't know much about. I know I always hated being the person to have to pacify mobs in newer zones cause it would resist more often then enough and about instantly kill me.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:43 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Sounds like alot of BS. I played a enchanter, but only to level 54 so alot of that stuff I don't know much about. I know I always hated being the person to have to pacify mobs in newer zones cause it would resist more often then enough and about instantly kill me.
Problem is pacification resists have been lowered for all classes. Because of this, our CC job is eliminated. As well as our charm, has been essentially eliminated. Our nukes, never really good. Advanced DC was revoked in beta because they didnt want to give us a DC that was == to the regular charm dps we would be getting in the nerf. So we have been hammered down into lifeless buffbots.
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Rogean
Administrator

I'm still wondering why EQ2 and WoW have such similarities. If I still had access to a WoW account I would take screenshots, etc.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:24 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Cuz they're both watching each other and they both have moles, er testers, in both betas. And -- can't speak for Blizzard but -- I'm unsure whether the current SOE crew has a creative bone in their collective bodies. So they got no choice but to copy.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:43 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

Correct. WoW has been in beta much MUCH longer than EQ2. =)

but both games stole features from every other game out since. so not like it matters. both suck
Old 10-13-2004, 04:01 PM
x-scythe
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonin
Correct. WoW has been in beta much MUCH longer than wow. =)
did you mean Wow has been in beta longer than eq2?