Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:10 PM
gaeorn
Developer

Default Temporary Alternate Login Server for SoD

I have set up an alternate login server at www.tsahosting.net:5998 that is available for public use. This is a TEMPORARY solution until Rogean is able to update the eqemulator.org login server to support SoD. I do not want to split the project. I merely want those who wish to use the SoD client to be able to do so.

For server admins:
Simply add another login server entry for www.tsahosting.net:5998. I allow public connections so you do not need to provide an account or password.

For players:
You need to get your login information set on this login server. To do so, you need to log in to "ProjectEQ: The Grand Creation" or "Storm Haven" via the eqemulator.org login server and use the #setlsinfo command. The #setlsinfo command expects two values, your email address and your password. This will update the alternate login server so you can log in via it. Once that has been done, you can set your eqhost.txt to either www.tsahosting.net:5998 (Titanium and SoF) or www.tsahosting.net:5999 (SoD).

Again, I only plan on making this available until such time as the eqemulator.org login server supports SoD. I have no desire to cause division in the community, but I know there are people who are waiting anxiously to use SoD.

Last edited by gaeorn; 04-18-2010 at 05:43 PM.. Reason: added Storm Haven as trusted server
Old 04-19-2010, 02:51 PM
ChodExplode
Fire Beetle

How do i use the #setlsinfo command and where do i input this command.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:45 PM
gaeorn
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChodExplode View Post
How do i use the #setlsinfo command and where do i input this command.
As stated above, you need to log into one of the two servers listed. You'll have to create a character on one of those two so you can get into a zone. When logged in all the way, you can then type the #setlsinfo command.

The proper syntax is of the form:

Code:
#setlsinfo me@mydomain.com mypass
where you replace the two values with your email address and password.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Dinggo
Sarnak

So far this only works for PEQ-TGC and Storm Haven, are there any other servers planning to use this login for SOD?

It would be nice to get all the servers that can run SOD onto this login since the main one still isnt updated and there is no word at all fom Rogean if he even still plans to support this client with an update to the main LS. At least we can move forward now with our servers and not be held up by one person anymore.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:18 PM
gaeorn
Developer

Any other servers that wish to connect to this login server can do so. You can only set up the account via PEQ:TGC and StormHaven, but once the account is set up, you can log into any of the servers that have connected to this login server.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:22 AM
b33tlejuice
Fire Beetle

actually got a question seeing as I run multiple boxes. I have to do this with every single account meaning im going to need different email addy's for each one correct?
Old 04-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Untalented
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by b33tlejuice View Post
actually got a question seeing as I run multiple boxes. I have to do this with every single account meaning im going to need different email addy's for each one correct?
Same question. You need an e-mail for every box?
Old 04-22-2010, 10:53 AM
gaeorn
Developer

You do need to do the #setlsinfo for each account. But you can use the same email address for as many accounts as you wish. The email address is merely in case there are issues and you need us to reset a password or something similar.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:54 AM
b33tlejuice
Fire Beetle

I see, well that aint to bad, would be awesome if the #setlsinfo did all 3 for your forum account instead of having to do each one seprately :(
Old 04-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

damn some people are so lazy
Old 04-22-2010, 02:11 PM
gaeorn
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by b33tlejuice View Post
I see, well that aint to bad, would be awesome if the #setlsinfo did all 3 for your forum account instead of having to do each one seprately :(
The problem is that the world servers have no information about what login server accounts are associated with each other. So doing what you wish is not possible.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:51 PM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

can ya post a example of a dual LS enabled eqemu_config.xml file please. Thanks.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:27 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNWatchdog View Post
can ya post a example of a dual LS enabled eqemu_config.xml file please. Thanks.
here ya go http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...8&postcount=17
Old 04-23-2010, 10:38 AM
adamalh
Fire Beetle

The login server for SOD seems to be down. Was working last night, but now I get "Error - A timeout occurred".

Titanium client still connects fine.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:50 AM
gaeorn
Developer

Yes, it appears my server is unreachable right now. I am investigating.