Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:57 AM
harlan
Fire Beetle

Default My favortie eq emu server

I have been playing on this server for about 5 years now and it has quite a large player base now. Average 300-500 players at any time. It is all custom content so its completely different from live... just better I am gonna copy and paste some specs for some more details. I hope to see you in game!

http://www.shardsofdalaya.com/

Server features

Shards of Dalaya is easily the most sophisticated EQemu server ever created. Some of the features include:

* By far, the largest playerbase of all the EQemu servers.
* Serious hardware and bandwidth.
* Fully customized content. Forget what you think you know about the old world and experience thousands of new monsters, items and skills.
* A complete backstory.
* The storyline directly applies to the geography of the world. Zones are connected differently than in the commercial online game. Different creatures and level ranges frequently populate these zones in order to conform to the storyline.
* Trade skills.
* An abundance of unique quests for all ranges of levels and classes of characters.
* Monsters feature far greater spell casting intelligence. Seeing is believing.
* Over 100 new revamped zones, ranging from dungeons to large outdoor landscapes to extremely challenging raid areas. Zones can feature everything you'd expect from a classic live zone.
* Full guild support.
* A huge variety of bosses and raid encounters, each featuring a unique and hand-made loot table.
* Levels up to 65 currently supported.
* Fully working AA's, including new custom AA skills.
* Faster experience gain compared to the popular commercial online game. Not necessarily easier, but faster.
* New features and content are introduced regularly.
* Last but not least, it's FREE. While Shards of Dalaya is open for individual and monthly donations, it has no required monthly fee, playing it will cost you absolutely nothing.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:31 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

This isn't an EQEmulator server.

It doesn't run on our loginserver, moving it to off-topic.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:22 AM
harlan
Fire Beetle

oops my bad. Thanks for moving me
Old 02-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Rogean
Administrator

SoD IS based on EQEmulator, and they are atleast making an effort to come back to our loginserver, but are restricted by their current client.. so I'd allow it in the previous section.

However, you may want to address this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlan View Post
* By far, the largest playerbase of all the EQemu servers.
Based on your own facts of "300 to 500 average", the quoted statement would be false... definitely "one" of the largest, and I'd say matches with EZ Server's numbers.. but Project 1999 has much larger player numbers, and doesn't allow boxing.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:24 PM
harlan
Fire Beetle

I would gladly change my post but I do not see an edit button anywhere. Am I blind or am I not looking in the right place?

Edit:(hrmm strange I can edit this post but not my orignal post. Could this be because it was moved? )

Last edited by harlan; 02-11-2011 at 07:26 PM.. Reason: to test
Old 02-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlan View Post
I would gladly change my post but I do not see an edit button anywhere. Am I blind or am I not looking in the right place?

Edit:(hrmm strange I can edit this post but not my orignal post. Could this be because it was moved? )
It's back in server discussion because of what Rogean said, and is allowed.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:57 AM
harlan
Fire Beetle

I still dont have the ability to edit my first post if one of you can just remove the line "* By far, the largest playerbase of all the EQemu servers." from my post please
Old 02-26-2011, 12:42 AM
Xakkis
Fire Beetle

Lol, pretty sure this was an advertisement? Kinda obvious...