Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-21-2003, 07:52 PM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

Default Moving NPCs DB Update (look here for updates)

I've decided to completely re-do the moving npc DB due to alot of problems with the original release.
The new release will be set up completely different , but should be alot smoother and not have the "hopping" effect of the previous version.
I've started on a couple of zones already and they are looking really good.
I'm cleaning up the starting points and adding individual paths for each npc so that they won't get stuck in piles on one waypoint.
I'm hoping to have a release with several zones completed within a week or so.
I'm still away from home but retrieved my PC so I can work on the DB so all can enjoy a smooth running moving npc DB.
I have a test server running , It's the MyWorldEQ npcmov test server.
Feel free to stop in and have a look
Old 06-22-2003, 12:51 PM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

We have a new Host for the test server
Big Thanks to "Dominatus" for the Awesome Hosting , and a Big Welcome Aboard from the Team!!

I'll try to keep a list of currently done and currently being done zones here.

Done- West Freeport , Northern Felwithe , Southern Felwithe , East Freeport , North Qeynos , Surefall Glade , Halas , Old Sebilis , Karnor's Castle , Blackburrow , South Kaladim , North Kaladim , Qeynos Hill , South Qeynos , Rathe Mountains , Eastern Plains of Karana , Nagafen's Lair , Highpass Hold , Northern Plains of Karana , High Keep , Rivervale , Estate of Unrest , North Freeport

For a little fun , Sleepers Tomb has been populated and has a few "movers" , big thanks to "booa" for sleepers.

Partial- Field of Bone , Crushbone , Greater Faydark , Plane of Nightmare

* I Want to extend a big WELCOME to new Team Members "booa" and "Hooke" , I know Thier efforts will be appreciated by ALL. *

* Another big WELCOME to new member "Krayz". *

* Everyone give a big WELCOME to "memener" , the newest member of the Team. *

* Stop into irc chat and Give a Big Hello to "Kirzan" our irc Channel-Op , Thanks for a Great job on the channel * (irc.eqemulator.net channel #npcmovDB)

In progress Team zones- Western Plains of Karana , Southern Plains of Karana , Gorge of King Xorbb , Oasis of Marr , East Commons , West Commons , Nektulos Forest , Northern Desert of Ro , Southern Desert of Ro , Lesser Faydark , Steamfont Mountains , Neriak Foreign Quarter , Neriak Commons , Neriak 3rd Gate

Release will include a basic Quests folder with working Newbie turn-ins , Soulbinders , Nexus Scions , and Priests of Discord.
Ferry in Halas is functional
ALL 4 Ships working , 2 in OOT , 1 in BB , 1 in East Freeport .
Old 06-22-2003, 04:59 PM
bpogue99
Sarnak

Which or who's database are you using as the base for the spawn ID's? I know that Drawde has populated most of luclin and lots of velious now so I suspect in the next release that the spawn ID's may change. I'm not sure why they change, but in each db release I've noticed that they do. So if it's based on Drawde's db we'll need to figure out a way to move the grids and paths to the right spawn ID's (perhaps an X, Y, Z and Zone match search?).

bill
Old 06-22-2003, 06:39 PM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

I'm using drawdes 1.1 final and hoping the ID's don't change again for already populated zones.
Using x.y.z matches won't work because I've changed quite a few of the coords. to fix the starting coords. of alot of the npc's.
If they change again , I guess I'll just start from scratch again
Will be worth it to have more expansions , but very time consuming.
Old 07-12-2003, 10:36 AM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

DB is coming along , taking longer than I thought but looking good so far
I'm going to go thru each expansion in order, so 1st release will be either a partial or complete DB of the classic , then each release after that will be as I get the next expansion done.
Old 07-12-2003, 02:34 PM
danipunk
Sarnak

I want to help, but I dontknow how you do it. I downloaded Openzone 2.2
Old 07-12-2003, 06:24 PM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

I don't use openzone for this work , I'm basically doing all of this ingame with a GM character.
I go into the zone and reset each npc's Z coord and facing direction , then the npc's that are to move are set on thier own grid with waypoints.
The grid type depends on the terrain, if it's flat terrain then I can use random waypoint configuration, if it's hilly terrain then it needs to be set to a circular grid and the waypoints need to be set so as to not elevate the npc before it gets to an uphill grade, otherwise we wind up with floating npc's like in my initial DB release.
It's very time consuming and confusing at times
Old 07-14-2003, 11:51 AM
bpogue99
Sarnak

Hope things are ok for you tcsmyworld, I know there were some distractions a bit ago, and I know a lot of us anxiously await the next release of both your stuff and Drawde's. I bet Drawde has most of all the zones done by now. Last I read he was up on Luclin cranking out zones there.

bill
Old 07-14-2003, 04:31 PM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

Things going much better now , wifes last surgery is end of August.
They have claasified her as a "cancer surviver" now
I too anxiously await Drawdes next release, kinda waiting on that before I can do any expansions work , so can see what changes are done.
Hoping the next Emu release won't affect the DB too much, have several zones looking fairly good now
Real time consuming , but should be a blast to play in when it's done
Old 07-15-2003, 02:40 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Since you are rapidly becoming the premier 'movement' man, how about letting us know what additions/changes/etc we can make to make it easier to create moving mobs?

I'm sure there are some enhancements you'd like to see!
Old 07-15-2003, 02:52 AM
dcl
Sarnak

Well, even though you didn't ask me, I figured I'd respond anyway

I'd love to see a command added (similar to the #spawnfix command) for adding waypoints. Where you would stand were you want the way point to be and enter the command #addwp xxxx (where xxxx is the gridID) and the command would automatically determine which wp# it would be (ie. there are already 3 wps for grid 10, so the next one is wp 4)

It would just be so much easier to run around and keep hitting a hotkey than it is to have to keep typing #wp add xxxxx y, #wp add xxxxx y+1....

But maybe that's just me
Old 07-15-2003, 03:36 AM
Bigpull
Discordant

there is a #wpadd
#wpadd [circular|random|patrol] (pausetime)
Old 07-15-2003, 04:48 AM
dcl
Sarnak

There is? Cool, I didn't know that.

Given the format that you posted, how does it get assigned to a specific grid? Also, why would the wp need to know if it's circular|random|patrol... I would think only the entire grid needs that info, not the individual wps.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:31 AM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

Thats how I've been adding them , here's an example of a flat terrain grid and waypoint addition -

#grid add 100 2 2 (creates grid 100 with random waypoint, random pause time)
#wp add 100 45 1 (adds waypoint 1 , with 45 sec. delay to grid 100)
#wp add 100 45 2 (adds waypoint 2 , with 45 sec delay to grid 100)
etc...

you do need to add the waypoints in individually, I use the admin tool and refresh alot to keep track of waypoints and grids

Hope this helps a bit.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:37 AM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

If it would auto assign grids and waypoints incrementally it would save time , but if anyone decided to remove a grid it might throw everything out of whack, unless they just emptied the fields and left the grid intact with blank waypoints.

I have noticed that when trying to use patrol , the npc will go to end of grid, and disappear and start at beginning again.
I thought they were supposed to go to end then retrace backwards along grid , that would be much better.
That is why I've been using circular grids instead of patrols for hilly terrain.