Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-22-2003, 05:05 PM
Jerrysn
Sarnak

Default 1017 error when trying to log into 0.5.0

Sometimes I get the 1017 error, sometimes get kicked back to the login screen

The good news is the Chat seems to work.

Patched from EQLive 7/22.

Updated the EQhost:

[Registration Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemu.net:5997"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"eqlogin1.eqemu.net:5997"
}

Running Win98, 376M RAM if any of that makes a difference.

I understand if 0.5.0 might still be buggy, but if there are any suggestions....

*ADDED* Yes I know there is are complete sections on 1017. But the solutions talk about SQL and such, which I shouldn't need to mess with if I'm just logging on....

-Jerry
Old 07-23-2003, 08:53 PM
redneck0ne
Sarnak

Default me too

im getting the same problem.
Old 07-23-2003, 10:08 PM
cannonalldex
Sarnak

did you get 1017 after attempting to log into all of the 5.0 servers?
Old 07-24-2003, 01:38 AM
Merth
Dragon

I think you responded in the other thread regarding this, and know about the FAQ post, but..

Quote:
Yes I know there is are complete sections on 1017. But the solutions talk about SQL and such, which I shouldn't need to mess with if I'm just logging on
Could you link some of these posts? Maybe we can tidy things up to help clear up some confusion.
Old 07-24-2003, 03:18 AM
Jerrysn
Sarnak

In the 1017 thread theres a post:

"I've mooched enough on this board i thought I'd try to help a bit.

I tried that Grant Option command an insane number of times and never got it to work. Found something buried in another section of this site that said not use *.* but rather databasename.* where databasename is your sql database. Mine would be eq.*

This worked instantly and everything worked until the server login 1017ed me. That's as far as I've gotten but I thought I'd try to help in case someone else was having a similar problem."

Thats where this newbie got the idea to mess with the SQL.

Noticed two othere people asking about the 1017 - not positive if these are the same as my problem...but niether of them got answered so i'm outta stuff to try.

Two other post that have gone unanswered:

"I keep getting the 1017 error at the server select screen, i dont understand what you guys have said about putting stuff in to fix this problem. If anyone could send me detailed instructions on how to fix this at blind3345@aol.com i would appreciate it, or if you could post here i will come back to read it. "

I'm sorry but I am just slow here. I, too, keep getting the error 1017. What am I supposed to do? Also I read somewhere that you have to ask someone to play EQemu. So I am officially asking whomever the Gods of EQemu are to beseech this lowly servant for permission to enter thy realm and kick hiney.

While your here Merth - Is the following quote any good - its a link to a file that isn't there any more -

"If your not running XP chances are you need to install mdac_typ.exe for the patcher to work (XP has the latest version) Some other things reported to have caused the errors when running the patcher are Norton antivirus, XP's built in firewall, 3rd party firewalls. Chances are you will need to disable these to run the patcher. "

Thanks for the assistance,

-Jerry

]