Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:56 PM
ProSkeptic
Fire Beetle

Default Present for my son

I am arranging a present for my son...

Is there a sort of ninja-like armor (well, like a gi) with masked hook showing only the eyes, or something close to that in EQ1? The "look" I am going for is the ninjago green ninja " http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...reen_Ninja.jpg

I can dye the armor myself for him.

I always used to play mages so I don't know this. I realize it's way off eqemu, proper.

BTW, I use eqemu for educational purposes. I make quests with clues for his spelling words, and he has to spell them correctly, and if he get's them right, he gets a magical cookie, chocolate cookie, or birthday cake(s). His teacher is a scarecrow that teleports him between sseru, rivervale and erudin for different tests. I wish I could have the characters "speak" mp3s. :(
Old 03-15-2012, 04:29 PM
bad_captain
Developer

I can't think of any that look like that (you would need helmets turned on) , but I have to say this is awesome. If my son were older than 4, I would try something like this. Very creative.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Tabasco
Discordant

This is awesome. What a great way to use the emulator.
Nothing just comes to mind for the gi, you might have to compromise a little there, but I think I've seen some appropriate head gear on NPC's.
I'd be happy to look around but it would be helpful to know what race of character and client version you're using.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:40 PM
hilf
Fire Beetle

wow, eqemu for educational purposes.. that's taking the project in another good direction!

honestly, i've never done anything other than play on PEQ, but the idea of using EQ as an educational tool intrigues me.

some ideas played in my head:
1. using the quest system to set up teaching modules for different subjects (math/science/english/etc.)
2. combat system driven on tests (like those maze games in the 80's/90's where you answer math questions to combat monsters or pick up treasure! well, this time more eye candy and more proactive action from the kid.)
3. integrate a quest storyline to keep a kid hooked to the game, and the learning involved.
4. more opportunities for collaborative learning, by letting a group of kids play and learn together.

i wonder if a project like this ever came to fruition?

sorry to go off topic! good luck with your quest for the perfect gi!

btw, i think with plugins like mqemu, you can suit the game to "speak" based on different triggers. one very good use of that, i'd say!
Old 03-17-2012, 01:41 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

From my knowledge i dont think there is anything like that helm wise in EQ your best bet is to go off to look at photos from other games. only two games i know of would be Guildwars or Rift for a helm.

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 03-17-2012, 03:58 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Straight out of vanilla WoW.