Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:37 AM
uncommon
Sarnak

We're gonna derail this thread but yeah i agree, why would you want to revamp a zone like misty for example (i've seen on eq website they did it on live) when i guess there's hardly what... a handfull of player zoning there every other day on most server, and they are probably not new players coming there to level. Such a waste of time...
Old 08-12-2007, 07:34 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Their attempts to 'revamp' are likely to bring newer graphics to their otherwise ancient engine... since there are so many more pretty games out there. People not obsessed with the poly-headed dragons of EQ do not understand, and turn their nose up at the game.

I'm honestly surprised anyone new to MMOs would give Everquest a try, with WoW right there more capable on older machines and 100x better gfx (though a little Disney, imo). Shrug... I love EQ gfx, no matter how old they are. It's all about the nostalgia for me.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:02 AM
gernblan
Discordant

Well, I just hate it when they only do a few here and there. Like having lavastorm and nekrulos be new but surrounded by the old zones just makes them look like what they are: bolted on and half-a$$.

IF they want to revamp zones, then revamp all of them in that expansion.

If they want to stay more modern (and some zones NEED it... WOW they look like crap by today's standards.. been to Kerra isle lately (for example)? But if they do it, they should do it with the continuity of the world in mind.

Old zone -> new zone -> old zone -> old zone -> new zone (etc.)

gives me whiplash

Do the whole expansion or don't do it at all.

And to keep this thread on topic, or at least provide a feeble attempt to guide it back on... heh... got my copy of Anniversary Edition in the mail today. Think I may install it and see what one can zone into already. And thanks for making that list (so far)! If I discover anything I'll post here so that it will help the SQL along...
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast

Last edited by gernblan; 08-12-2007 at 04:09 PM..
Old 08-12-2007, 08:06 AM
gernblan
Discordant

Well there are two types of mmo player, those who think mmos are a video game and those tho think mmos are an RPG. I think EQ still could have a lot of appeal to the latter, regardless of the graphics.

EQ1 does have something the other games do not: outrageous amounts of content. No other game comes close in sheer world size, taken as a whole.
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 08-12-2007, 08:32 AM
uncommon
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gernblan View Post
If they want to stay more modern (and some zones NEED it... WOW they look like crap by today's standards.. been to Kerra isle lately (for example)? But if they do it, they should do it with the continuity of the world in mind.
Haha guess what ? The new tox zone does include Kerra ridge. Found that out while exploring these new zones... doh.

And you can zone into every single zone listed... except the few listed as crashing on zone-in.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:47 AM
uncommon
Sarnak

Last zones i found.. looks like that's all.

Code:
428 : Blacksail Folly					?	?	?
429 : maiden's grave					?	?	?
430 : redfeather isle					?	?	?
431 : the open sea					0	-100    100
432 : the open sea (ok...)				0	-80	50
433 : the open sea (lol ?)				-100	80	50
434 : the open sea....					0	0	50
435 : the open sea					0	-80	50
Can someone who played that expansion explain me why there's 5 zones with just 2 ships in the middle of nothing ?! Cause these are indeed 5 different zones, ships never looks the same.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:57 PM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

Isn't that the Burning Sea zones for the ship v. ship adventures? Not 100% sure.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:11 AM
inkubus
Hill Giant

The best two things about TBS is the new katta model and air elementals. They look really good!
Old 08-15-2007, 06:43 AM
techguy84
Discordant

I am somewhat of a visual buff myself. My biggest beef is not PC and NPC models, but the zones themselves. I load up emu and zone into NQeynos and I just get disgusted by the ground texurtes of the older zones. Its just those that drive me away as I feel like im walking on a watered down painting smeared to hell and back. I think that EQ could hold alot of promise with a major graphical overhaul, but I dont think the engine is going to support alot of nice features. I know though that it could handle higher res textures, and that alone would make for a super significate improvment. At least for me.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:00 AM
wayneg
Fire Beetle

EQ AE is available in the store where I live, but I couldn't wait so purchased Titanium on ebay yesterday. Woohoo ! Looking forward to checking it out this coming week.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:21 AM
aneriel
Fire Beetle

After many hours I actually got anniversay edition to work. Only problem was all NPCs and Character models were black. The fix for this was the Titanium rendereffects folder. Other than that I was able to play. If anyone has AE and is wanting to play PM me and i'll help you out anyway I can.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:53 AM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

Aneriel I think the issue is getting the right opcodes for the patch_Anniversary.conf file so the Emu will communicate with the client without touching the client. I would rather go that route as I do have a working install of T-Ed. already.

((Anyone find the new loading screen ugly? FV looks high, eeesh...))
Old 08-27-2007, 08:16 AM
aneriel
Fire Beetle

My post is really targeted at those without T-Ed, or those that had to order it and couldn't wait until it got in to play.

I ended up buying AE because no one locally had titanium and I *had* to play some classic eq right then (i hate waiting on things). Didn't order Titanium until I figured out i had to have the rendereffects folder to get everything working perfectly.

In the end you want T-Ed installed to play, but if you already bought AE and are impatient like me, there is a work around to get you going until you can get T-Ed up and going.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:35 AM
cubber
Discordant

Any new news on Anniversary Edition support? Is it working or close?
Old 09-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Dargon
Fire Beetle

Any new info on Anniversary support?