Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Old 01-11-2006, 07:47 AM
Koshoji
Sarnak

I sent $10 to each of ya last night. I don't care if my name gets on a list or not but I do care if the money gets to you. I clicked the donate button next to your names, but the last page looked as though it may have gone to SF instead of you guys. Hopefully it went to you. If you don't get ten bucks each from Koshoji would you mind letting me know? Thanks
Old 01-11-2006, 03:36 PM
fathernitwit
Developer

Unfortunately, I have only seen the donation from rangerdown since my last post. You can see the list of people who have donated if you click on each of our usernames on sourceforge, and then click on "view donations" rihgt below the "make a donation" link.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Koshoji
Sarnak

Ok, thanks FNW, I'll see if I can fix this. Meanwhile, you guys keep up the great work. It amazes me to no end the things that you guys can do.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:10 AM
Sarepean
Discordant

I went to donate yesterday from school, but all I have is a Visa. =/ Must look into getting a Paypal account.. hmm..
Old 01-12-2006, 07:16 AM
typhoon
Sarnak

I think I may have found my problem, I wasn't logged in when I made my donation, but each time it said it was going to FNW...

** I e-mailed staff@sourceforge.net about this with both paypal invoice numbers, hopefully they will correct it and get you the $40.00. **

If that doesn't work, any other ideas of who to talk to? I looked all over sourceforge and couldn't find anything or anyone to talk to about it.

Last edited by typhoon; 01-12-2006 at 03:25 PM..
Old 01-12-2006, 01:03 PM
fathernitwit
Developer

well it looks like a lot of people make this mistake...
from looking at this page:
http://sourceforge.net/supporters.php
it seems like about 1/3 of the comments there make you think people were donating to a specific project (going quite a ways back), not source forge, but they got misled like so many people here. It is unfortunate. You could try to talk to paypal and report exactly what happened, sourceforge misled you into donating to them instead of your intended target. Especially the people who put eqemu in their comments, I think it would be bullshit of sourceforge not to refund it... But chances are, all they need to do is not reply to your email and theres prolly not much that can be done.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:24 PM
cannon
Hill Giant

Default I donated a few nights ago.

I donated but didnt see my name in the donation list. Like a previous post, im not concerned with my name showing, only that you got the donation. Here is what it said when I donated.

Thanks for donating US$5 to fathernitwitAccepting Donations. If you want your name (and comment) to appear on their public Supporters page, enter a comment in the provided field (up to 100 characters). If you do not wish to appear on the public Supporters page, leave the comment field blank. To proceed, click on the provided PayPal button.

Just noticed my donation is in the source forge supporters. Thats a ripoff. It plain as days says "Thanks for donating US$5 to fathernitwitAccepting Donations" yet the donation went to source forge. Looks like alot of other donations for other programs went there as well.

Last edited by cannon; 01-12-2006 at 10:26 PM.. Reason: Just noticed.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:16 PM
fathernitwit
Developer

that might explain why so many people appear to be making mistakes. Please please contact source forge with this information and see if they have anything to say. If they do not respond, contact paypal and report the fraud, because thats what it is.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:52 AM
Sarepean
Discordant

"You all are doing a great job and are a service to all humanity" - Anonymous (Sourceforge Supporter List)

That was very obviously the comment of someone donating to the people that work on this project. =) Keep it up guys! You're a service to all humanity!
Old 01-13-2006, 11:16 AM
Demi-God

SourceForge takes part of the donation as well which is lameness
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

I see my donation on sourceforge for Doodmanemu name, that ok
But i don't receive paypal email, that ok ?
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.

Last edited by Belfedia; 01-15-2006 at 09:08 PM..
Old 01-15-2006, 04:17 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

You can always review your past transactions from your paypal account.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:29 AM
qbvbsite
Fire Beetle

Default Hey

Hey Guys,
Its been awhile since I have been around, Been busy with work and such. Great work on the project I droped $15 ($10 then $5) today hope it helps you guys out. Keep up the good work.

--James (Zer0C00L)
Old 01-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Arex
Hill Giant

i want donate 20$, but i want to be sure that this money will go to eqemu team, i dont want donate to sourceforge, can i get the most direct method for donate correctly? i could income money on one bank account, it would be a easy and fast method, because i dont like give my credit card information, i believe that many people could to think like me.

(I have tried SWG,EQ II, CoH,UO, etc. but i always have returned to EQ I, i think that EQ I is a special game for me and many other MMORPG's players)

Thank You for make this nice project =)
Old 01-20-2006, 02:34 PM
fathernitwit
Developer

we would preferr everything going through sourceforge for various reasons. Just wait until this issue is reolved please.

I submittd a trouble ticket related to this issue on monday, and they have failed to get back to me. My next step is to contact paypal's fraud division. If you donated anonymously to sourceforge and your name is not listed in the first post, PLEASE PM me your paypal address ASAP.