Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeormom View Post
You're probably already using a compiled EQCrypto.dll anyway~ maybe even the "Athlon" special edition!
If that were the case the loader wouldn't have been removed in all the new builds
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:05 PM
HurtinuDaily
Hill Giant

Why does it keep returning in valid password when i try to login a client, I think I entered it properly into the accounts table
Old 03-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Demi-God

you did the password in md5("asdf") right?

Also make sure you are using the right eqhost.txt!
Old 03-29-2009, 09:07 PM
HurtinuDaily
Hill Giant

No I didnt do my password in Md5, I did change my hosts. I must ahve missed the instructions somewhere. lol actually I didnt see any instructions
Old 03-29-2009, 09:08 PM
HurtinuDaily
Hill Giant

Help me out man I just wanna do soem more db work tonight I have been slacking off since the ls been fuggin up.

Edit: So with this will you have to create an account for everyone who wants to lgo in manually??
Old 03-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtinuDaily View Post
Help me out man I just wanna do soem more db work tonight I have been slacking off since the ls been fuggin up.
the README.TXT contains the information about queries to the database for setting up the world server and login account. It has been talked about a lot on the MiniLogin thread:
http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27711

They both use the same setup.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:17 PM
HurtinuDaily
Hill Giant

Sorry for being one of those guys that asks questions that have already been answered, got it working
Old 03-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Demi-God

Quote:
Sorry for being one of those guys that asks questions that have already been answered, got it working
Glad to hear it and thats ok I wish there was time for a nice pretty document but I was hoping someone else could help me with that
Old 03-29-2009, 09:38 PM
HurtinuDaily
Hill Giant

I can actually get into my server select and see my server but I get booted before character creation. I don't see any output in my ls window or world window so pretty sure its something I am doing wrong.

Edit: On my client I have the LS IP adress set to the local address (192) and i can get in but if I set it to my external IP it doesn't wonder if this has ne thing to do with it.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Demi-God

Quote:
I can actually get into my server select and see my server but I get booted before character creation. I don't see any output in my ls window or world window so pretty sure its something I am doing wrong.
eqemu_config.xml might have some IP addresses that are incorrect, maybe, being sent from world->login.

Edit: Edit as well! I would say the port forwarding isn't setup properly. Thats more for general support.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:21 PM
HurtinuDaily
Hill Giant

It has to be something specific with my router, I have the proper ports forwarded and its still not working. wierd.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:57 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

This is Great Stuff guys ! thanks ALOT ! I do have just one question however.... If your website ever goes down does this stop working??

Thanks again !

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 03-30-2009, 01:02 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrateri View Post
This is Great Stuff guys ! thanks ALOT ! I do have just one question however.... If your website ever goes down does this stop working??

Thanks again !
It is my understanding that there is a fairly long grace period that their status server can be down before it would effect the private Login Servers (something like 6 hours I think). That should allow for any type of maintance with minimum to no impact to Private Login Servers. But, if their site was ever taken offline permanently, it would currently render all Private Login Servers using this software completely useless. That is the only negative thing about this atm, and is one thing I think should be an optional setting on the Private Login Servers for the admins to decide if they want to send statuses or not. I am sure some people don't want their server on any kind of list as many just want to use something like that for close friends and family only and don't want random people joining.

Though, after re-reading the initial post in this thread, it sounds like missing the 6 hour check-in might not render it completely unusable. It sounds like it might just go back to restricting how many users you can have on the server. Unclear on that atm.

Last edited by trevius; 03-30-2009 at 09:04 AM..
Old 03-30-2009, 01:36 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

That's what I thought... Image is there a way to change this so we don't have to have our servers check in ?

I do not want to sound ungrateful but for some reason and I don't know why but for as long as this emulator has been around the people with the login server source has found it necessary to keep us all in binds to run things their way. I really do appreciate the Login but yet again feel I am being held captive if I use it.

I really do not think that everyone having a truly free loginserver for themselves is going to crash this community. Besides the login server there is TONS of work that needs to be done on the emulator itself and this is the ONLY place for people to come together and get that done..

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 03-30-2009, 04:20 AM
AndMetal
Developer

1 recommendation from me: dynamically create an eqhost.txt file to make it easier to switch between servers:

PHP Code:
<?php

header
('Content-Description: File Transfer');
header('Content-Type: text/plain');
header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=eqhost.txt');
ob_clean();
flush();

echo 
"[LoginServer]\r\n";
echo 
"#" $name "\r\n";