Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 02:59 AM
SearyxTZ
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardoX View Post
Don't worry. Quite a few are aware of VTZek.

That server is so infested with cheaters that they automatically assume the innocent people are also cheating. It's a last resort thing that they've sadly stooped to. Essentially, banning everyone is a ghetto band aid for when you don't have any real solutions. Play on a quality server that knows their ass from their elbow. I'd suggest one that's been around for a while.. Shards of Dalaya and PEQ Grand Creation.
From what I gather, you are spiteful towards our server because you were shown the door for being corrupt/retarded.

To correct what you've written: VZ/TZ has been around for some time, has maintained one of the highest (if not the highest) server populations, has one of the most active forum communities, and has the most legit/active staff you'll find anywhere. I work in the game industry and staff VZ/TZ in my free time simply because I want to, so you can understand why it sort of chaps my ass when someone attempts to slander our dedication and hard work.

I don't know who is running "Bane of Life". I just went to their forums and saw several people who had been banned from our server (one person in particular who took it as far as spamming trojan links on the original Tallon Zek forum). I also see posts from their administrator where they slander our server. You will never see that kind of thing out of us on our forums. That is not something we need to do, as our reputation and actions speak for themselves.

Good luck Richardo!
Old 04-05-2009, 04:11 AM
VlaAra
Fire Beetle

OP is such a loser. 99% of the time you know if something is right or not. If it's questionable you report it, and find out. It's what I do anyhow. If you were getting the same quality of loot that comes from the custom mobs, then you should have known better.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindbom View Post
Nice, Bane of Life has a staff member that "aquired" Rogean's info and used it to give Bane of Life "Legends" status on the server select screen.

I hope all the players of Bane of Life understand that one of your server operators is a hacking piece of shit, willing to use other peoples accounts / passwords to promote their server in any way possible.
I am the only operator at this point and have yet to "hack" anything. What purpose do you really think was accomplished by this feat anyway? Richardo was hosting his own locked server with a generic database to simply play a joke, which I do not think he meant any harm by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindbom View Post
Hey Yeorwned how about a public apology for slamming our server when it was clearly the login server that was compromised and not us?
Way to take a quote out of context. That quote is referring to the heavy use of utilities such as MacroQuest and the carefree attitude from the staff on the VTZ forums. For example, the last time I visited, the first post I observed was a screenshot of mistyping cheats in public chat with nothing more than a bunch of laughs from the other players and moderators.

Quote:
Oh, and with staff members like Richardo your server will go nowhere, fast. We already kicked him off our staff, so basically we consider him "sloppy seconds" to any other server ops that are gullible enough to have him.
If you want to go down this road, I'd suggest you pick up on the staff history and where exactly everyone came from before you continue your blind flamefest.

I didn't simply download a PEQ database and launch a server with a known EverQuest server name when no other PvP servers we're available so I am not fortunate enough to simply launch a generic server. Thanks for your comments.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:04 PM
MarglarTZ
Sarnak

you were essentially exploiting, if you found something that easy to farm that was helping you acquire great trades with little effort.

the staff for TZ/VZ is top notch, they are not unreasonable people. you broke the rules by continuing to abuse something that shouldn't have been there. you can probably get unbanned by communicating with someone there.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Nixus
Fire Beetle

Hey I don't know who any of you EMU dudes are, but fuck you.

We like VZ/TZ.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Estrang
Sarnak

VZ/TZ is not only the best PVP Server....
It's got a rockhard anti hacking stance.
It's cut all the crap out from later expansions past velious.
It's got the most active community out of any server.
I don't think there is a pvp server out on emu that has ran as long as vz/tz.
I'm also pretty sure VZ/TZ is the top dawg of emu pops... We just broke 300 last night and even PEQ experienced a pop. jump as a result of the influx of new/old players from our server wipe.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Estrang
Sarnak

haha oh man
Old 04-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Estrang
Sarnak

Quote:
Richardo was hosting his own locked server with a generic database to simply play a joke, which I do not think he meant any harm by.
That guy is such a kidder!

Quote:
Way to take a quote out of context.
Thanks, High five!

Quote:
For example, the last time I visited, the first post I observed was a screenshot of mistyping cheats in public chat with nothing more than a bunch of laughs from the other players and moderators.
The birth of /faceplant. The kid screenshotted hacking I remember as a gigantic newb in the newbiest guild on the server, not really a big deal, cheating isn't widespread as you'd think, screenshots of people bumbling a hack command in public chat is pure gold comedy and hardly a regularity. Would you prefer if everyone was shocked and screamed obscenities in hatred at said hacker, or laughed him off as a newbie?

Quote:
If you want to go down this road, I'd suggest you pick up on the staff history and where exactly everyone came from before you continue your blind flamefest.
Wha...Wait, what? Should of told your buddy Richardo!

Quote:
I didn't simply download a PEQ database and launch a server with a known EverQuest server name when no other PvP servers we're available so I am not fortunate enough to simply launch a generic server. Thanks for your comments.
No, thank YOU.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go play on the generic PEQ database pvp server, level up in tutorial, get flagged for PoE and pwn newbs with my AA's.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Johnnybones23
Fire Beetle

Default yoink

Smedy just owned this thread.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:17 PM
trevius
Developer

Until I release my new DvD (Developer versus Developer) server, there won't be a central place for discussions like this.

In all seriousness though, the flaming needs to stop now and if it continues, account bans for breaking the forum rules will happen.

I guess I need to start reading every server thread, otherwise I would have stopped this before it got this far.

As for the OP, it sounds like that is definitely something OK to post about here if they feel there is a real concern with server administration, and a reply from the server team is fine as long as it is just to clarify the truth and not starting a flame of any sorts.

Most of the posters in this thread were way out of line. Putting down other servers is not allowed. That doesn't mean that issues with servers can't be discussed, but blatant flaming is clearly against the rules here.

As far as quoting other forum posts here, IMO that is completely irrelevant to these forums. We have no control over what is said/done on other servers or their sites. So, asking for apologies here for stuff said elsewhere is a bit pointless.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:19 PM
insumsnoy
Fire Beetle

Me and a few others recently stopped playing on VZ/TZ aswell due to all the hackers and childish people.
I cant wait for another pvp server that isnt run by the kids that play in it. For now though I am very much enjoying the PEQ server, even though its not PVP.

I actually reported a few bugged mobs and people exploiting these mobs on a few occasions and they were still there when i left, still being exploited and likely still there now. I agree with the topic poster and beleive everything he said. I wasted time on that server too.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
Actually, i'm pretty sure (80-95% sure) that Richardo moved on to image/devn00bs GuildWars server as a quest dev there, or he may be reviving his Dark Horizons server. I'm almost positive that the "passwords" he obtained were from Stylez (who also was banned from several projects) who had got them from Lucid Visions, who was hacking EQEmu in the first place to compromise the accounts. So yeah, he unintentionally screwed you over. But he's not part of Bane of Life anymore, at least that is my understanding. And no, we didn't remove him because of this post.
Not sure where you got the information that he is working on GuildWars lol, not the case.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:11 PM
SatrekVZ
Fire Beetle

read what u all wrote? every server is gonna have hackers. vz tz has a strong staff. they stoped all the hacking as they found it. so really dont matter what server u play on, or game for the matter. u will have hackers. and as for this post. who ever started it about the loot off them mobs didnt read vz tz boards. would have knowen stuff he was doing was out of hand. instead he comes here and start all this childish BS that u all feed off.

heres your solution. delete post and go fucking smoke a fat one and deal with it. u got free eq. and all hands down vz tz ONLY pvp server UP atm so stop moaning.

kinda like that song by M.C. , dont go away mad JUST GO AWAY.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:18 PM
VallonTallonZek
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by insumsnoy View Post
Me and a few others recently stopped playing on VZ/TZ aswell due to all the hackers and childish people.
I cant wait for another pvp server that isnt run by the kids that play in it. For now though I am very much enjoying the PEQ server, even though its not PVP.

I actually reported a few bugged mobs and people exploiting these mobs on a few occasions and they were still there when i left, still being exploited and likely still there now. I agree with the topic poster and beleive everything he said. I wasted time on that server too.
So we are overzealous with removing players who exploit and hack....but we never remove people who exploit and hack....gotcha.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:38 PM
VallonTallonZek
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by image View Post
Not sure where you got the information that he is working on GuildWars lol, not the case.
Hot Potato imo.
Closed Thread