Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:27 AM
Jeido
Fire Beetle

Default The Hidden Forest (Beta)

The Hidden Forest is a fully custom server that started a month ago, but already has fully customized content up to and past level 70. The devs have already added two tiers of raid as well as group zones to keep players busy once they hit 70, and tbh they are very well done.

I've played on Zeb and SoA a good amount (5-6 toons with 2.0's on each server) , and to me this server blows them both away. There is only one thing missing, and that is a higher level 70 population to contend with for raid mobs! Currently there's only my guild at 70 that is able to raid, but there so much content to be raided that there should be atleast one more, if not two. I strongly encourage people to stop by the server and check it out, as well as look at the website www.thehiddenforest.eu.

I'm not a GM, Dev, or anything. I just really think the server is coming a long very nicely and it needs a larger population There is usually anywhere between 30-45 people on during the afternoon and eveninghours, and the population is very consistant. Why not add to that number?
Old 06-24-2009, 09:22 AM
SatrekVZ
Fire Beetle

ya its great server but my ms on runs in the 200`s or else i would play. to much lag for me. maybe server is to far out of reach to get decent ms.

but like said 200+ ms is no good. is there any way drop this down some? get lack of response from my mouse and clicking on things etc.

I liked way server is set up tho, i ran thru 1st few zones but what caught my eye mostly was ToV raid zone.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Nagus69
Sarnak

The server is located in Euroland, i assume you are from the US.

I used to have it other way round, located in Germany, Server in SanDiego(ithink Sony is located there) and still even as Enchanter i was able to do whatever is necessary with a 220-240 ping over 8 years (i don't mean enchanting metal in pok
Old 06-24-2009, 11:35 AM
Jeido
Fire Beetle

I'm in the U.S. and constantly have 200 ping as well, but I rarely receive delayed responses due to it. I know that there are people from all over the U.S. on the server atm (most of the server is, actually) and I have not seen many complaints from them either. Maybe you had a bad day?
Old 06-25-2009, 11:41 AM
jenco420
Sarnak

i have about 200 ping on this server and i don't have any lag problems. cheers!
Old 06-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Remtek
Fire Beetle

Best EMU server ive tried until now. Loot is very nicely balanced againts the custom zones. And there is alot of old school zones for people who are a fan of the expansion like Velious, Kunark etc.. Server is very stable aswell, only down for scheduled reboots and updates.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:47 PM
SupaFreak76
Fire Beetle

Default The Hidden Forest

This server has some of the best customization out there. The progression is smooth, and you get a sense of accomplishment from the raid events. I, myself, played there for quite awhile, but due to differences, have moved on. I would definately give this server a big thumbs up.

Best wishes
Snow
Old 07-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Jeido
Fire Beetle

The moderators just updated the server hardware yesterday and the connections are much better now. The servers based in Europe, I am on the east coast in the US, and I pull off 150-160MS constantly now. They also finished all the basic content up to tier 2 in raid/group zones and are working on tier 3. The servers continually growing and now it's out of beta, stop by if you're looking for a great custom server!
Old 07-18-2009, 07:20 PM
tnance1337
Fire Beetle

A favorite of mine so far! Big thumbs up and recommendation for those of you who like a well paced progression and quality raid content! =D
Old 07-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Xecuter
Fire Beetle

Really great server. I've been here about 2 weeks now and allthough it could use a lil more in the population department i think its an amazing server and is growing quite well. minimal down time and plenty of custom stuff to play around with.

Topsy Crit 70 monk