Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:41 AM
mikecuba
Fire Beetle

Default SMS Password reset isn't sending a text

So, my problem is exactly what the title says. The password reset feature says that an SMS was sent to me, but I'm not receiving one. I know I have the right number input because I used the feature 4 days ago (I used it on the P1999 website before my EQEMU accounts were linked there, so it didn't reset anything) Now after waiting 3 days to reuse the SMS reset it's not working. Is there any way to reset that system or resend the text to the number on my account?

***Update*** The sms system did send the text, my phone never received it. I'm working with verizon now to try and get that text, but it doesn't look like there's going to be much they can do. I can see that the text was sent in my online text log on verizon's website, but i can't view the context of the text.

Update again...they say there's nothing they can do, so hopefully the mods here can use the sms system to resend a code, or hopefully it will reset itself in 3 days again and I can try for a third time. Really wish they just used a simple email based password reset system...
Old 09-25-2014, 01:01 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Well they had problems in the past with accounts being compromised.
At least they have the sms now, even if it sucks for a lot of people (not the first verizon person I've heard complain), for a long time there was absolutely nothing to be done.
I once forgot a password after spending a few years overseas. When I got back to the States it took me over a year to find my notes and try every password until I found the correct one.
I agree that a better method would be nice but someone would have to code it up.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:57 PM
mikecuba
Fire Beetle

Yeah I mean I get it that it's run by a very small group of people. I just really hope that all that time I put into those accounts isn't gone forever due to a text message not coming through. I'm hoping a mod will see my post and maybe be able to do something like let me change my phone number associated with my account.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:04 PM
Squirrelgoboom
Fire Beetle

im having a problem like this now...

when i registered my phone for sms the verification code came thru, but later i forgot my pw and requested a reset, it said it sent me a code to my phone but i never recieved one. I put in the original verification code and that did not work either. have an epic cleric on p1999 that i cant log into now :(