Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 09:40 PM
Cusser
Sarnak

That's good Maze_EQ,you can't even make up your mind which rubber ducks to shoot at.How many names have you come with now?
apocal/rain/kegz/toop/cusser/grumpy Do you even realize the conspiracy going through your head? Think about it.
First you tried to make it sound like 100% fact that apocal was rain. Then you changed your mind. But in all reality, how
would you be able to know anything unless you had something concrete to go on? Would this mean there is someone in admin
of this project giving you information about member accounts? That's what you make it sound like,but since you have gone
through several names, that would mean your source is guessing too?
Old 08-27-2018, 10:04 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Yard dog, you really should stop while ahead.

Old 08-27-2018, 10:50 PM

Fire Beetle

Don't stop there Maze_EQ this is fun. Who am I now?
Old 08-27-2018, 11:13 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by   View Post
Don't stop there Maze_EQ this is fun. Who am I now?

Dancando?

More like dancantdo

Old 08-27-2018, 11:21 PM

Fire Beetle

You never know, I could be the other red meat
Old 08-28-2018, 12:11 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Obviously you both can't figure out how to be friends

And Cusser, not sure what's gotten into you but I've seen much better out of you and you've been generally a good member of the community despite this episode of creating yet another account and going off on crazy tangents

It doesn't take a genius to figure out who you are when you are the only one on these forums to put carriage returns in your messages instead of letting the post textarea box word-wrap naturally like most other people

DanCanDo, The_Beast, Grumpy, Yard Dogg, there's a few other aliases but it really doesn't matter, I didn't care to look until one of our developers asked. Using Tor as a browser only does so much just FYI

Maze is a troll and he knows it, but he's only going to keep going if you are egging him on. Not every troll is a bad person and I don't think you are a bad person either Cusser

As for the crazy tangent earlier, yes servers provide links to clients that is on their own discretion; but as the EQEmu community: we don't condone sharing clients and servers assume that you have legally purchased a copy yourself before downloading. Links aren't allowed on the forums and they've been removed many times

As for servers that decide to have some form of donations, that is once again at their own discretion. I can tell you on my own accord I've spent far more out of my own pocket than I've ever received for expenses to contribute to this community, that's not even counting the endless amount of time I've spent not only helping many people in this community but also supporting EQEmu as a whole. This question and quip comes up from time to time and the answer is always the same. Keeping up big servers for players to play free of isn't free, it costs to keep good services up. Almost every single developer who has been here for an extended period of time has a job and/or other commitments

EQEmu is an open source community, servers are their own sub communities within the blanket of EQEmu. Everyone who supports EQEmu does it purely on their own free time and hobbyist efforts. The amount of people and time contributed to this project is mind blowing and we should all be thankful that we have it and that Sony/DBG has acknowledged us as a respectful fan-based project

It's easy to speculate and assume the worst and have a government-is-the-enemy mentality about projects/entities, but I can tell you that almost everyone in the development community just wants to see this game continue on and enjoys EverQuest which is the same reason we are all here

At the end of the day, we all want the same thing here, be nice to each other. Life is short, and if you can't get along then don't talk to each-other

Locking the thread
Closed Thread