Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:00 AM
GlassDeviant
Sarnak

Default Strange happenings in Kelethin/GFay

I've been factioning on my Iksar Monk in CB, and since she turned 20, every time I enter GFay there is a 6h duration red-bordered spell active in my buffs entitled Unknown Effect. I can click it off, and it doesn't seem to have any actual effect, but it's strange.

Also, lifts do not work in Kelethin. They look as if they are working, but they won't lift you into the tree city. The library lift in PoK works fine, the ones to the dragons in the Drakkin newbie zone work, these three don't.

Several objects that should be up in the tree city are down on the ground.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:03 AM
prestanneth
Fire Beetle

<red buff>
can try exporting a new spells_us.txt file.
( see server dir for client file exporter, or perl script, to export client files that match the database. Once done, put them from exports folder to client folder )

<lifts>
These are a known issue, but are client based, and you'll find it works fine on some and not on others, to be more specific it's probably hardware related not even client.
I can reproduce this exact behavior uleat mentions in link below, and editing db doors , z's & travel heights, makes no difference on non working pc's

i7 8086k , titanxp galatic empire , works fine
whereas
i7 7700k, radeon doesn't work..

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35407

you can use teleporters and script a workaround if it becomes a problem. tons of examples of teleporters on forums.

<objects on ground gfay>
The z coords are messed up on some items, you can either re position them in the database, process is like:
Open [object] table
filter for zoneid = 54
find item with z coord near ground ( 0 )
use /loc or #loc & edit z to suit height of platform in trees

to see new positioning in game. restart zone by leaving it, killing it, then come back.
#zone butcher
#zoneshutdown gfaydark
#zone gfaydark

Or leave objects as is, so your iksar monk can use the blacksmithing oven on the ground, as he isn't getting near it if its back up in the trees
Old 10-23-2018, 01:53 AM
Nightrider84
Discordant

It has to do with cpu speed and multiplier, over a certain threshold and things start to go wonky.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:09 AM
GlassDeviant
Sarnak

Great, I have an i7-8086k, so I am guaranteed wonkiness. Maybe I can disable the auto turbo.

Well, I will poke around a bit and see what I can do, thanks for all the advice.

Cheers,

P.S.: My Iksar Monk has been busily factioning her tail off, she can go anywhere in Faydwer now. Still working on a couple places in Antonica.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:45 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

I can tell you over 4.0 ghz and higher the game goes into turbo mode and nothing works right. Kinda funny to watch actually. But the auto turbo might affect the game honestly. Although the game is 19 years old so It wouldn't suprise me one bit it has a hard time dealing with multi core systems.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:55 PM
Uleat
Developer

There are fixes in later clients..

..but, not sure if RoF+ have them...

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-23-2018, 08:57 PM
GlassDeviant
Sarnak

Maybe if I set the affinity to a single CPU core and disable turbo mode in the BIOS it will straighten things out.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:02 PM
prestanneth
Fire Beetle

mmm your affinity should be set to single yes, as to OC modes, mines currently running at 5.19Gz with no issues, i guess keep playing with settings and hopefully find a happy medium that works.

if it helps, here's a script i use for my kids pc's which i could never get lift working on.
Allows you to just hail the guard to port up. You can shorten it if want to look up a specific npcid to port to, rather than iterating a list. I've other stuff going on that i ripped out of it for the sake of cleanliness.

Guard_Rainstrider.pl

Code:
sub EVENT_SAY
{
    if($text=~/hail/i)
		{
		plugin::Whisper("Welcome to Elvandar, Do you wish to " . quest::saylink("attend",1) . " the lady of the trees?");
		}
	if($text=~/attend/i)	
	{
		my @nlist = $entity_list->GetNPCList();
		foreach my $n (@nlist)
		{
			if ($n->GetCleanName() =~/Vaelias/i )
			{
			quest::shout("$name is heading up to the city, let him pass!");
			quest::movepc($zoneid, $n->GetX() -2, $n->GetY() -2, $n->GetZ() + 1,$n->GetHeading() - 360);
			}
		}
	}
}
Old 10-24-2018, 09:19 AM
GlassDeviant
Sarnak

Unfortunately, when I set the affinity to a single core, EQ exits with a resetdevice() error that blacks the screen out and somehow manages to block the Task Manager from the foreground. I didn't think that was even possible in Windows 10, with Microsoft's draconian level of control over the OS. I regret ever upgrading to Win10, but my new hardware doesn't have Win7 drivers. If I didn't need it for certain games I'd be on Ubuntu by now.

I'll give that script a try, prestanneth, thanks. I'm pretty new here, whereabouts do I drop that script? My server is in c:\games\everquest\eqemuserver\ so my first guess would be c:\games\everquest\eqemuserver\quests\gfaydark

(writing as I explore the tree)

I don't have a file for him, so I copied Guard_Crystalwind.pl, left in her combat comment ("time to die $name"), and added your code after a blank line. Should work, eh?

Edit: Is there a keyword for gender, so that male characters get "let him pass" and female characters get "let her pass"?

Edit 2: Even stranger, now I can't exit the client even without starting it with affinity, without getting a black screen. I suspect it's due to disabling turbo in the BIOS as it's the only other thing I changed. Going to be testing all day now I suppose. Remember when we just played games?

Edit 3: So the script works great, but I don't get any list, I am just ported right up to the top of the lift by the town crier when I click the pinklink, but this is fine by me as it gets what I needed done. Thanks!
Old 10-24-2018, 06:57 PM
prestanneth
Fire Beetle

Ok here's a simpler version were we grab the npc to port to directly via the id from the database, rather than iterating names.
This is the whole file, make sure to not mess up any braces etc when pasting as perl is picky af.

#were using plugins here to get gender etc as default calls will return integers, this turns it into more meaningful text.
#the moveto is just using the entitys current xyz with a slight offset and the 360 so were facing it.
( think of the heading as a directional circle that has 720 points /degrees as opposed to 360, 360 being a half turn. )

Code:
sub EVENT_COMBAT {
   if($combat_state == 1) {
   quest::say("Time to die $name.");
   }
}

sub EVENT_SAY
{
    if($text=~/hail/i)
		{
		plugin::Whisper("Welcome to Elvandar, Do you wish to " . quest::saylink("attend",1) . " the lady of the trees?");
		}
	if($text=~/attend/i)	
	{
		my $n = $entity_list->GetMobByNpcTypeID(54067);
		$gen = plugin::Gender($client->GetGender());			
		$rac = plugin::Race($client->GetRace());			
		quest::shout( "$name a $gen $rac is heading up to the city!");
		quest::movepc($zoneid, $n->GetX() -2, $n->GetY() -2, $n->GetZ() + 1,$n->GetHeading() - 360); 
	}
}

Try playing a non gm char, to see if it effects client in any way. I've heard of weirdness with clients wont close properly.
But i hear ya with the win 10 thing, there's a lot of posts around with it being the blame for issues.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:04 AM
GlassDeviant
Sarnak

Perl isn't half as picky as COBOL, and it will actually give the occasional clue as to what went wrong.

Thanks for the assist, I'm sort of blundering about in the dark as yet, since I didn't even know there were EQ emulators two weeks ago.

I will probably have to make a whole set of new accounts in order to multibox anyway, so I may as well get started now and make one a dedicated GM account.