Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:29 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Default T vs SoD vs ROF?

People keep saying that RoF is the most superior client.
But what are significant differences between T and RoF2? In terms of gaining and loosing?
I do understand that RoF gets access to bunch of extra expansions content, models etc. But what about something else that T doesn't have? Does RoF looses something T has?

How big is a difference between RoF and SoD? (again aside from actual expansions, zones, models)

I Have T and SoD, so I am not sure if I really should go out looking for RoF?

Thanks!
Old 09-04-2018, 10:04 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

RoF2 has more features than Titanium/SoD/UF by far.

A lot of QoL improvements like, Extended target window, drag to resize window, no coin weight, superior lighting and shaders.

Improved mouselook, bandolier, there's just so much that Titanium lacks that RoF2 has.

That being said, RoF2 still has some minor issues with EqEmu. Notably: Con system is a bit funky. Some newer features are not fully functional.

I'd never go back to titanium.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:43 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Thank you Maze!

One last question, if I am to go out to look for RoF-2 any hint words I should be looking for specifically? I am asking because if I will search for "Reign of Fear" I am not sure how to distinguish between RoF-2 and say RoF-1 or whatever other version maybe out there?

Thanks again!
Old 09-04-2018, 09:45 PM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

all i say look on EZ server forums you find what want
Old 09-04-2018, 10:02 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by FievelMousey View Post
all i say look on EZ server forums you find what want
oh I found it, but looks like link file #1 is blocked by Google

UPDATE: ok i found the thing in the wiki now =)
Old 09-05-2018, 02:39 PM
HuginnNavarita
Fire Beetle

On a side note...

has anyone gotten ROF2 to run under Linux ?!

Titanium runs flawless with: winetricks wmi d3dx9_43 corefonts

but same can not be said about ROF2....just wondering since this came up and about to start testing the hell out of this in the next few days

thx!
Old 09-05-2018, 04:09 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

ROF2 can be ran under Linux/Mac under Wine

I use ROF2 under Mac just fine: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...4_20-31-11.mov

Shin Noir put a guide together for Mac that you should be able to cross reference in Linux land a little bit: https://imgur.com/a/F8arA
Old 09-07-2018, 01:00 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Testing my new RoF client
More Questions:

Whenever I try to enter new commonlands (zone 408 ) I immediately get zoned out into Classic EC. Whats up with that?

Also few new zones don't seem to load at all: new Kithicor Forest (410), new Befallen (411) new HighKeep (412) Or these not real?
Old 09-07-2018, 01:11 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

when you zone into, for example, commonlands, the zone quest folder - player.pl is sending you into the old version - client:MovePC(22, -144, -1543, 2, 244);
The newer zones are there. Database and/or scripts would be guiding your toon where you're landing.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:16 AM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
Also few new zones don't seem to load at all: new Kithicor Forest (410), new Befallen (411) new HighKeep (412) Or these not real?
I do not believe these are real; The associated map files would be 'kithforest', 'befallenb' and 'highpasskeep'.

Its a bit confusing because there are revamps of a sort in zones 456 'oldkithicor' and 760 'chapterhouse'.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:34 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

It's actually simple to distunguish, for example - 'befallenb' is the revamped version, 'befallen' is the old version.
Take a look at the expansion column in the zone table. The newer versions of revamped will show in later expansions.
Example - old version of befallen is expansion 1 but the newer version, befallenb is expansion 13
'kithicor' - old version, expansion 1
'kithforest' - new version, expansion 13

Also, "oldkithicor" was a modded zone used in a later expansion on live. Check the expansion column in the zone table.

What version of a zone you enter, when you go through, all depends on db values and scripts. (and client version).
Many of the old versions of zones are still there, except for few, but you have a choice to edit what you want to use.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:23 PM
Uleat
Developer

This is the RoF (not RoF2) zone dump: http://wiki.eqemulator.org/i?Module=...Paste=txMRTer5

Should be close enough era-wise.

EDIT: These are zones that are supported even if map files do not exist.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 09-07-2018, 07:49 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Thank You guys! I will keep experimenting
Old 09-08-2018, 02:48 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

you may want to check out leetsauce for a companion app that's pre-built too. it has a feature you probably won't find elsewhere for rof2.

whichever rof2 you find, prefer one that is unmolested. i was lucky to get it from live at the time and i kept an archive rar'd.

i think the only thing you typically need to do with it is copy/paste zonen files from titanium and only copy those that don't exist. i'd sort by extension. i'm not a fan of 1000's of extra files for no reason. stick to the zone files and types associated with zones.

e.g. the ldon entrance isn't there for sro, lfay etc... maybe a couple others. so you may even need some current zones copied over existing files too.

re-name nektulos and a couple other files as you would with the 2 other clients too... depending on what server is using.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:57 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
This is the RoF (not RoF2) zone dump: http://wiki.eqemulator.org/i?Module=...Paste=txMRTer5

Should be close enough era-wise.

EDIT: These are zones that are supported even if map files do not exist.
I noticed that Plane of Shadow is on this list, but not in DB - can't enter it using #zone command. I also see file poshadow.zon in my RoF folder.