Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-04-2019, 02:51 AM
phate8908
Fire Beetle

uleat, i know actual evolving items aren't implemented :P i was just giving options.... because... who doesn't like options
Old 01-04-2019, 09:32 AM
pharone1
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomghost View Post
Dual wield is just db modification, link provided in previous post should explain it... Basically you update skillcaps of class 5 (I think) skill 22 and set it for each level and beyond that you want it. (You set skillcaps for each level even if it's the same value at 10-15 (ex 100.. you'd put 100 6 times)

Can either modify the skillcaps in db then export it and take the file to client.. or update client file and import it to db. I personally use Excel and put all the data in a column,.. including ^ then write out starting level and drag down until max level etc.. and use concatenate to make Excel look like the client 5^10^22^75^1 or whatever it is. Then import that to my db.

Then you can set the level a trainer will train it to you.

As far as using warrior.. if it's even possible to give warrior Mana it's likely more difficult, so you'd have to make clicky items or something as your source of casting.
I'm not sure I understand all that you said, but I think I get the jist of it. What I had tried was I updated the value for shadowknight skill 22, but I don't remember setting anything for levels. I will go back, and check that. The link to that other thread looks very promising, so I will read over it more.

I agree about the mana issue. I wasn't thinking about that when I said I would use a warrior as my base class.

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:09 AM
pharone1
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by phate8908 View Post

Data-Buckets
to store the counter

for the +bane damage... augment and set its scale?
The buckets thing looks very promising. I have to ask though because I am so very new to all of this, is that something already built in to the EQemu server, and I can just access it in some lua file, or do I need to pull that code down and somehow implement it?

From the examples I saw on the buckets page, it looked like "sub EVENT_DEATH_COMPLETE" would be the perfect place to add in code for tracking mob type kill counters. Again, super new, so I'm assuming this EVENT_DEATH_COMPLETE is in a text (possibly LUA) file somewhere on the server that I can modify. If so, I'd likely set it up to give a /say after each kill to tell the user how many of that monster type they have killed, and as they hit a set threshold for that monster type, award them an item (example. weapon aug).

It would have been nice if their running totals could have been shown in the achievements system, but I can get around that with an NPC that they can talk to in order to see their running totals.

Actually... now that I think about it, I could create an AA for the various threshold levels I want to award the user, and assign them the AA as they meet that kill total.

I wonder if it's possible to have an AA that passively gives +DMG on auto attacks for monster type. If so, a way to implement an earned bane damage system would be to award AAs that give that +DMG to monster type which would simulate adding bane damage for killing x number of monster type.

So many ideas... Thanks for the help!
Old 01-04-2019, 10:20 AM
pharone1
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
Evolving items are more that just scaling items .. and they are not yet implemented.
In that case, I would likely make a series of different weapons that are in essence "evolved" versions of the weapon. Then I would award the next version (evolution) of the weapon to the user upon some trigger (level, quest completion, or something).

Mainly I'm looking to have a very small number of weapons in the game. There will only ever be one playable class in the game, and the way it is played is based off of what choices the user makes along the way. The weapons will basically be the epic 1.0/2.0 weapons.

A user may choose to use the SK epic in their primary for life tap procs (highly modified from what it is currently), and Cleric epic in secondary for heal procs. They might swap in the Ranger epic for slow procs or Necro epic for DOT procs using the bandolier.

The more they kill particular types of mobs, the more certain weapons they have evolve.

For example, killing skeletons, ghosts, and zombies helps evolve the SK weapon. At it's base level, the SK weapon would offer a small life tap proc. At higher levels of the SK weapon, it would have a large life tap proc, snare proc, and bane damage towards Skeletons, Ghosts, and Zombies.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:22 AM
pharone1
Sarnak

Just an update. I got dual wield working for Shadow Knight, so that was awesome.