Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:19 PM
Krical
Fire Beetle

Default Making a server (velious content)

Hello! I'm rather new to EQ developing but i'm a old timer in WoW private server world. (Holy hell my english is terrible)

Anyway, I am wondering if there is any files or anything at all on how to make a velious private server from scratch?

I kinda want to make a private server with Vanilla, Kunark and Velious just with higher rates, ofc I wont be on the level of P1999(all worship p99) but for the more fast paced players who dont got the time to farm Crushbone for 8 weeks before continuing on.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:19 PM
Krical
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krical View Post
Hello! I'm rather new to EQ developing but i'm a old timer in WoW private server world. (Holy hell my english is terrible)

Anyway, I am wondering if there is any files or anything at all on how to make a velious private server from scratch?

I kinda want to make a private server with Vanilla, Kunark and Velious just with higher rates, ofc I wont be on the level of P1999(all worship p99) but for the more fast paced players who dont got the time to farm Crushbone for 8 weeks before continuing on.

And if anyone got any nice guides, helpful comments or anything that would be great.
Old 12-03-2015, 05:48 AM
Azrealvect
Sarnak

try out akkas repack, Super easy. content is up through GoD i believe but you can always limit it yourself or lock out the zones you dont want
Old 12-03-2015, 09:48 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrealvect View Post
try out akkas repack, Super easy. content is up through GoD i believe but you can always limit it yourself or lock out the zones you dont want
This, Akkas repack is the simplest method to get the server up and running. If you want a private offline server you'll need to search how to setup your own loginserver. There's a lot of content that's out of era for a velious server (like Veeshan's Peak, Temple of Cazic Thule, Nurga, Droga, tons of quests, newbie armor, etc etc) that you'll need to consider, and also lots of little bugs and quests that don't work or don't exist (like 10th ring war, parts of the shawl quest, parts of the shaman epic quest, etc). You get the idea.

There's a ton of information already available on these forums, including a setup guide in the wiki. I highly recommend jumping in and just trying to figure out as much as you can. Admins who get their hands dirty tend to get more help when they ask for it.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:01 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
This, Akkas repack is the simplest method to get the server up and running. If you want a private offline server you'll need to search how to setup your own loginserver. There's a lot of content that's out of era for a velious server (like Veeshan's Peak, Temple of Cazic Thule, Nurga, Droga, tons of quests, newbie armor, etc etc) that you'll need to consider, and also lots of little bugs and quests that don't work or don't exist (like 10th ring war, parts of the shawl quest, parts of the shaman epic quest, etc). You get the idea.

There's a ton of information already available on these forums, including a setup guide in the wiki. I highly recommend jumping in and just trying to figure out as much as you can. Admins who get their hands dirty tend to get more help when they ask for it.
10th war is actually being worked on right now. Classic VP is included with PEQ, it's a different spawn condition, although I don't think it's been play tested as much as the revamp has been on PEQ. The other stuff I'm not too sure on, but make posts on PEQ forums (or bump old threads) and someone new might look into the missing stuff.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:07 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
10th war is actually being worked on right now. Classic VP is included with PEQ, it's a different spawn condition, although I don't think it's been play tested as much as the revamp has been on PEQ. The other stuff I'm not too sure on, but make posts on PEQ forums (or bump old threads) and someone new might look into the missing stuff.
I know VP is there in a spawn condition but it's still wrong. All of this has been brought up before and currently resides in this forum and I've been criticized for probably half of it. Why I just fixed it for myself and carried on with my life.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:36 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
Necroing this thread, Demonstar did you guys ever finish the script for the 10th? I just pulled the quest from the February dump and Dain still looks incomplete.

Tags
private, server, vanilla, velious