Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Lauderdaleballa69
Fire Beetle

Default Character Screen??

After installing just like described I have one issue after another. Each one was solved and now I'm stuck.. I can log in, pick a server, but when I get to character screen it shows a Human Warrior Level 1 named Newbie and no buttons to make own character or even log-in as him. Not sure if I'm missing something or not but I can't get past this one as of now. Another issue is when EQ is in full screen my mouse wont do anything, I can use keyboard for most everything instead of mouse but selecting a server, but when I minimize EQ mouse works perfectly. If anyone can help on either issue it would be great, Thanks.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Lauderdaleballa69
Fire Beetle

Default How-To Create First Player?

How to I make first guy, all i see is Human Warrior named Newbie with no buttons to make new or log in.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:25 PM
trevius
Developer

Did you patch at all when you were trying to set up, even for a second?
Old 06-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Lauderdaleballa69
Fire Beetle

I patched on accident when first was trying out EQEmu cause I've never done, then I read your not suppose to so I uninstalled it. Reinstalled, changed all info it told me to never patched again since.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:46 PM
Lauderdaleballa69
Fire Beetle

All you have to do is install EQ Titanium, add the "patchme" to end of target and change the eqhost.txt file correct?
Old 06-19-2009, 04:18 AM
LizardNest
Fire Beetle

I've had this same problem before. Make sure the screen resolution is bigger, if it's too small you can't see the buttons that allow you to create a character. To increase it go to options on the eq main page. If that doesn't work I don't know what else to say. =/
Old 09-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Anthem
Fire Beetle

I'm having the same issue.

I am in full screen until I choose a server, then the window resizes and I can't go back to full screen.

I went to eqclient.ini and made sure WINDOWEDMODE=TRUE, but for whatever reason, I can't get to full screen mode in the character creation/selection screen. Any ideas?
Old 09-24-2009, 01:09 AM
Anthem
Fire Beetle

I changed TRUE to FALSE and that fixed my issue.