Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 08-01-2022, 03:58 PM
Hyyr
Fire Beetle

Default ROF2 Client "chat error" spam messages

Greetings everyone. I am trying to get the ROF2 client working. Whenever I login to my own server, or any other EMU server I have tried, I get the following multiple messages, in bright red text:

"Please wait until we reconnect you to the Universal Chat Service. Your request has not been sent."

I get this message over & over again, constantly. No matter the server. Trying to access my FRIEND list, adding friends, etc. immediately generates the message as well. The friends list appears to be completely broken.

Anyone have any ideas? I searched the forums here but couldn't find anything related to the broken friends lists or chat messages. Thanks in advance.

I have tried three "versions" of ROF2 client from three different sources. All three do this, and they do it on all EQEMU servers that I have tested it on. Am I really the only one with this issue? Everyone claims this client is "so much better" than Titanium, but so far it appears to be unusable.

Last edited by Hyyr; 08-02-2022 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: Augment information
Old 08-10-2022, 02:51 PM
Hyyr
Fire Beetle

Does anyone have any ideas? I'll keep using the Titanium client since the ROF2 client is FUBAR, but since others are apparently using ROF2 I'd like to fix the issues if possible.

Is there a list of fixes for using the ROF2 client with EQEMU? I searched the forum looking for any info, but I cannot find it. Support for this community appears to have all but vanished but I am hoping there is still someone out there that can assist.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-10-2022, 03:01 PM
fryguy
Sarnak

"Please wait until we reconnect you to the Universal Chat Service. Your request has not been sent."

that means you do not have the UCS server application running or configured correctly. make sure UCS is running, its in the same folder as world, zone, etc.
Old 08-12-2022, 09:52 AM
Hyyr
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy View Post
that means you do not have the UCS server application running or configured correctly. make sure UCS is running, its in the same folder as world, zone, etc.
Thanks for your response!

I only get the USC error while running the ROF2 client, and I get the same exact errors (and no friends list) while running on any EQEMU servers that I connect to, not just my own. Titanium works fine. I figure it must be a setting or issue with the client.
Old 08-12-2022, 12:22 PM
ToXiN06
Fire Beetle

That's gonna be an issue specifically with your client then if it happens everywhere. If anything, RoF2 is the primary support whereas Titanium is slowly being broken. I'd recommend a new copy, not a custom one from a customized server.
Old 08-15-2022, 07:38 AM
Hyyr
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToXiN06 View Post
That's gonna be an issue specifically with your client then if it happens everywhere.
Yes, that is exactly why I am asking for help with the issue. I KNOW it is the client.
Quote:
If anything, RoF2 is the primary support whereas Titanium is slowly being broken.
Except Titanium appears to work fine; it is the RoF2 client that is broken. I really only wanted RoF2 for the extra bank slots, etc.
Quote:
I'd recommend a new copy, not a custom one from a customized server.
I've never downloaded a "custom" copy of the client. I have tried with three different clean installs. I just tried again over the weekend with yet another original download- exact same issues as the others.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to actually troubleshoot the issues with the client?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-15-2022, 06:45 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

You definately have an issue that's never been encountered before. I did a complete search over the internet and couldn't find a single byte of info on it.

Sorry I can't be of much help, but trying to narrow things down, obviously, if it works on any server with Titanium, it's not a port blocking issue.

And, if you've used clean copies of RoF2 (from a reputable source), then I'm assuming it's not necessarily specific to the client itself. It "might" be a combination of the RoF2 and something in your Windows OS.? (just taking guesses here).

Either that, or you are having some bad luck on these "alleged" clean copies, there is lots out there that aren't perfect. I'm also assuming that when you do download another copy to try, you're not simply overwriting the old RoF2 client files in the original folder ?
Old 08-17-2022, 08:00 PM
Vexyl
Hill Giant

I tried this on my original copy of RoF2 that I got legitimately from Steam years ago. I do get the same message when typing /friends on my own local server when UCS isn't running/configured properly, but not constantly. I don't get this error on the official PEQ server, and the friends list works fine on there. After setting up UCS, everything works fine on my local server as well.

Not sure what your issue is, but I hope you figure it out.