Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

Default LOTR - The Years of Trees, im releasin the database..

As I promised, if im no longer going to be around (eg...dead) i will release the database. I started breaking out in hives today when I woke up for the 3rd time. Im not going through another year of torture

1. Because my entire family is broke, my mother is already filing for bankruptcy.
2. Im done fighting to stay alive

3. The database and exes will be released a long with all my idea sheets and item documents.

I regret I couldnt finish this server as it could have been great. Hopefully someone can take this and make it a master piece.

Goodbye EQ Emulator Community

Regretfully Astal....
Old 10-10-2011, 08:51 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

do you have any devs or someone else to host the server? im only a low lvl not even 10 but i do know its a good server people enjoy it.. can you have someone else host it for you? and sorry to hear whats going on.hope all goes well.

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 10-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquest View Post
do you have any devs or someone else to host the server? im only a low lvl not even 10 but i do know its a good server people enjoy it.. can you have someone else host it for you? and sorry to hear whats going on.hope all goes well.
I can host it if need be. I definitely have the resources.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:53 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
I can host it if need be. I definitely have the resources.
haha is there a server you dont host? lmao no offence i see alot of posts offering your service. its a great thing you do though. =D

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 02-24-2012, 01:36 AM
Davood
Discordant

i know this is a little late but..

I've been hosting "theyearsoftrees" For the last two years for Astal. and it is still up and people are still logging into it occasionally;

if you want to take over development please talk to Astal and get him to tell me its "cool" and I can set you up with remote access to all the services you need to administrate / update / etc the server.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:44 AM
Davood
Discordant

in other news.. i haven't heard from astal for over a year myself; sometime last march he told me that there probably wouldn't be anymore updates...

right now there is about 70+ hours of content to play through if you do it properly and dont use exploits

If i don't hear from astal and or I do and people are interested, I can open it up for someone to work on it.... it would be a shame to let it dissapear

anyways, I will keep it up for now until:

Someone approaches me that needs a server hosted for free and has something ready to deploy as a beta, or finished product (not preferred)
OR
Someone (or two or more!) comes to me and is able to explain their experience with SQL etc, and wants to take over development of yearsoftrees (preferred)
Old 02-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Astal
Hill Giant

Im still alive just not able to work on the server at the moment, very sick, withdrawling from benzodiazapams I was on for anxiety. Still trying to get my adrenal glands/thyroid/hormone levels fixed. Things are slowly getting better and i emphasize slowly lol.

Im gonna send dav the newer db with some new zones. I havent worked on it in a long time id be glad to let other people work on it if they love the server. I have most of the zones and quests planned out already for the next tier.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:05 AM
Davood
Discordant

Hello Everyone;

Big update for the LOTR Servers.

Balance/Content changes:
Addition of four more zones for the tier 3 storyline (after Quartoth)
34+ new quests for tier 3
unknown amount of item/balance changes based on feedback

Server changes:
*Updated server to latest release of .exes and table structures;
*server was at version 150x before, now it is at version 280x (MANY updates)
*configured every zone as static zones in order to decrease zoning times and remove some gaming of the system through zoning out and back to reset spawns
*some of the server host software has been updated for better reliability and redundancy

Upcoming:
tier 3 will be fleshed out in may when the progenitor of yearsoftrees is back in action
many bugfixes are coming in the interim
new AAs will be added

website link for files you need:
alakamin.us.to/dl/enoranthos.rar

backup *.txt and the resources dir before you decompress that... decompress it right into your eq dir and overwrite everything.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Durge
Sarnak

Major bugs in the system, my mage pet doesn't attack anyone and my SK can't zone into misty mountains, this is only a few I've found though.

-Misty Thicket quest doesn't work either

Last edited by Durge; 03-01-2012 at 06:31 PM.. Reason: Bugs
Old 03-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Davood
Discordant

excellent;

that will be fixed
Old 03-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Durge
Sarnak

Just an fyi if you didn't know, my pet still doesn't attack, and he doesn't respond to anything except the leave button and the misty thicket quest still doesn't work.
The progression on my bard got reset as well, any chance I don't have to regrind everything :p?
Also, the armorsmith for the enchanted metal armor turn-in just eats my stuff, doesn't say anything.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:06 AM
Davood
Discordant

I am thinking of rolling back the server. the latest update from the dev didn't play nice
Old 03-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Durge
Sarnak

Well, whatever you need to do, if you need help just ask me, I have plenty of experience coding/scripting for servers (there are a lot of scripting bugs I've found :p)
Old 03-05-2012, 02:45 AM
Astal
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davood View Post
I am thinking of rolling back the server. the latest update from the dev didn't play nice
Yeah sorry i havent updated my server in a long time. quests and stuff should work tho
Old 03-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Davood
Discordant

no the instancing stuff was completely broken - i dont have time to troubleshoot scripting until may - So i had to rollback the misty mountain teleporter portion of the horse quest so that it sends you to the regular zone.