Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:12 AM
superemu
Sarnak

Default Problem zoning back into Nek from Corathus

I am running the Underfoot client against a Windows server with the latest PEQ database. I start in PoK. I go to the Neriak port book and click. I end up in the "newer" Nek next to the PoK book as I expect to. At the bridge, the guards are in proper positions and that ogre vendor is up on the hill as I expect. I then zone into Corathus using the water tunnel in the west of Nek. I immediately turn around and zone back into Nek. Now, the mobs are all misplaced. The guards and the ogre are swimming in the river. The PoK book is gone. I try to zone into Neriak, but I just turn a corner and run into a nodraw dead end wall.

Also, the in-game map is screwy for Nek. It looks like it is showing two very different versions of the zone. Hiding one of the layers seems to resolve it. I'm going to look into the map file format to see if I can fix it permanently.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:03 PM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

Check your zone_points for Corathus. It looks to be sending you to the wrong version of Nektulos. Compare it against what the PoK book is using (in the doors table). It's either the wrong zone or wrong version of it.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:15 PM
superemu
Sarnak

Interestingly, there is a PoK book right inside corathus near the nek zone out. Clicking that takes me to the correct nek, not to PoK.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:38 PM
superemu
Sarnak

Fixed it.

For some reason there are 3 records in zone_points for the zone from corathus to nek. The third one (id 1589) was defined (mostly) properly for the underfoot client, but the second one (id 1501) was being used. To fix it I set the client_version_mask of the second record to 0 (to hide it) and set the number field of the third record from 1 to 30.