Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Jvsquire
Fire Beetle

Default Seeds of destruction

well after many hours of trying to recover my files off of my failed hd. i am no long with a copy of sod. If i try to redownload from the steam server will i be getting the updated copy? any help with this would be helpful.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

EQemu doesnt support illegal copies of Everquest but google doesnt care.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:16 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

If you redownload SoD from Steam you will get the June 2010 build. That build is usable but some of its functions are not as developed as the December 2008 build of the SoD download.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Jvsquire
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragonsdg View Post
If you redownload SoD from Steam you will get the June 2010 build. That build is usable but some of its functions are not as developed as the December 2008 build of the SoD download.
what do you mean not developed. doesnt the download have the new underfoot in it.

after scanning my harddrive again i have found the folder with a copy of Seeds of destruction in it. ALL is SAVED!

Last edited by Jvsquire; 11-12-2010 at 07:42 PM.. Reason: solved
Old 11-12-2010, 11:31 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvsquire View Post
what do you mean not developed. doesnt the download have the new underfoot in it.

after scanning my harddrive again i have found the folder with a copy of Seeds of destruction in it. ALL is SAVED!
Guess I should be more careful how I say things. Yes, it does contain Underfoot. The June 2010 build is not as compatiable with the emulator as the December 2008 build. Take AA's as an example...with the 2008 build AA's work to almost same extent as they do with the SoF client. With the 2010 build AA's don't work very well because the changes that occurred in the client.

It is possible that some of the more recent changes to the emulator fixed some of the newer client issues but I can not say for sure as I have not used it in the last week or two.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Jvsquire
Fire Beetle

thanks for your imput bro