Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 12-02-2020, 01:35 AM
Kucerakov005
Fire Beetle

Default Alt Currency Merchant Not Working

I'm pretty sure I've read every thread out there on this and I still can't get mine to work so wondering if something has changed since the details described from 4-5 years ago.

First, is there a specific client this will/won't work with? I'm using titanium and I saw an 'alt currency tab' described that I can't find.

Second, I've done all of the setup described minus editing anything in the dbstr_us.txt file since that doesn't seem necessary to simply get the merchant to show me the window. I have the alt currency in the `alternate_currency` table as row 31. For testing I'm using item 10032 (star ruby). I then created an npc of class 70 - Alt Currency merchant and assigned them a merchant ID. In the `npc_types` table I have their alt_currency as 31. In the `merchantlist` table, I have a couple items with a non-zero value listed for alt_currency_cost.

When I right click the npc in game, it cons them. no window pops up.

For now, I can use the LDON merchant strategy with Radiant Crystals, but this was bugging me so thought I would ask.