Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 05-06-2002, 04:50 AM
Mongoose
Sarnak

Default Problems with writing Loot Drop Tables.

I open up EQEmu Admin program, try to write in a loot drop entries and it gives me this error. Duplicate Entry '0-0 for key 1. I ignore it and run the server but it shuts off my EQW when I try to go into the zone with that guy's loot table. Also am getting errors with spawning mobs with a script. Here is what my for a mob to spawn another mob on the correct words. To make the script work change it to .QST if you didn't know. Any help would be cool.
Old 05-06-2002, 06:31 AM
stormgod
Discordant

first thing is that EQAdmin 2.4 is outdated , use eee (in 3rd party tools)
second in your quest file you seems to have to much opening like that : {

you need to open once for a mob
then open and close for an action :
Quote:
NPC_SCRIPT 5778 {
TRIGGER_TEXT:Hail, Guardian:{
FACE_TARGET
SAY:I refuse to speak of the Ancient God!
EMOTE:Guardian scowls at you.
}

TRIGGER_TEXT:Ancient God:{
SAY:So I see you refuse to leave me be! I will not speak, Unless you are proven immortal!
}

TRIGGER_TEXT:Proven Immortal:{
SAY:Bring me back the head of Kerafyrm and we shall speak further.
}

TRIGGER_ITEM: 28145 :{
SAY:AH, So it has been proven that Kerafyrm has been slain! The ancient god of life would never believe this if he was around! I have tried many times to animate him, but I must be missing something in my [black magic]
}

TRIGGER_TEXT:Black Magic:{
SAY:Well, I am currently in need of the Black Stone of Life. I heard the only way to get it is to kill Vulak'Aerr himself. After that he spawns a undead version of himself in The Plane of Hate.
}

TRIGGER_ITEM: 45039 :{
SAY:The Black Stone of Life! I see you would like to meet this God. I warn you he attacks on sight and is very violent. Are you sure you are ready?
}

TRIGGER_TEXT:I am ready:{
SHOUT: IT HAS BEEN DONE, PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE ANCIENT GOD OF LIFE!!
SPAWN_NPC: 5779:
}

}
this should work better
Old 05-06-2002, 08:07 AM
Mongoose
Sarnak

The zones that I have scripts in still cause fatal errors causing the zone to shut down. Any clue to this? SPAWN NPC 5779, when it tries to spawn it, the zone shuts down on me. On my level me script, (Bunch of SAYS, Emotes, etc.) LEVEL 61. Sometimes it shuts down the zone after this. The Guardian script says this right now, works all the way up to spawning the NPC then crashes.

NPC_SCRIPT 5778 {
TRIGGER_TEXT:Hail, Guardian:{
FACE_TARGET
SAY:I refuse to speak of the Ancient God!
EMOTE:Guardian scowls at you.
}
TRIGGER_TEXT:Ancient God:{
SAY:So I see you refuse to leave me be! I will not speak, Unless you are proven immortal!
}
TRIGGER_TEXT:Proven Immortal:{
SAY:Bring me back the head of Kerafyrm and we shall speak further.
}
{
TRIGGER_ITEM:28145:{
SAY:AH, So it has been proven that Kerafyrm has been slain! The ancient god of life would never believe this if he was around! I have tried many times to animate him, but I must be missing something in my [black magic]
}
TRIGGER_TEXT:Black Magic:{
SAY:Well, I am currently in need of the Black Stone of Life. I heard the only way to get it is to kill Vulak'Aerr himself. After that he spawns a undead version of himself in The Plane of Hate.
}
{
TRIGGER_ITEM:45039:{
SAY:The Black Stone of Life! I see you would like to meet this God. I warn you he attacks on sight and is very violent. Are you sure you are ready?
}
TRIGGER_TEXT:I am ready:{
SHOUT: IT HAS BEEN DONE, PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE ANCIENT GOD OF LIFE!!
SPAWN_NPC 5779
}
}