Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-16-2018, 11:32 PM
skywalker646
Sarnak

Default Using Hamachi

I learned that my ISP blocks many ports, including ones needed for setting up a server. I tried using Hamachi so that I could have a remote friend appear as if he was on a LAN connection since that seemed to work.

However, I cant get the person to login in. I set up all of the addresses to be the new Hamachi ip but nothing. It disconnects when entering the world.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Old 10-16-2018, 11:37 PM
GlassDeviant
Sarnak

Call your ISP and ask them to unblock the ones you need. You pay for their service, it's their job to give you what you pay for (assuming you're not using college/university internet access).

According to portforward.com, you need TCP 1024 and 7000, and UDP ports 1024 and 6000. Though my server seems to be configured with 5999. If that fails you will need a VPN. I don't recommend Hamachi for this as it's what is referred to as a "dumbed down" VPN adn doesn't provide full services.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:47 PM
skywalker646
Sarnak

The Hamachi and/or VPN route seems to be the only way i can go. For whatever reason i can't get emulators to work any other way. That being said, i was able to play other emulators for diff MMOs with hamachi using the lan functionality but i am still not able to get it to work with the EQ emulator. Does anyone have exp with Hamachi and the latest emulator set up?
Old 11-15-2018, 11:09 AM
GlassDeviant
Sarnak

Ah well, you do what you have to. So you have it working now?
Old 11-15-2018, 11:25 AM
skywalker646
Sarnak

I am able to get other games and emulators to work through hamachi's lan but still not EQ.