Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 08-09-2015, 11:58 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Cool Here's a little item editor

I've been digging into the item table to figure out how all the different fields are used, seeing how they might be laid out in such a way as to somehow make 283 or so columns sanely editable, to help with EOC UX. Also wanted to get an item window renderer working.

I figured as long as I was figuring out field usage and layout and stuff, I may as well make it functional to save and create items as well.

Here's what I put together over the last week. It's a little raw and the fields need to be split into more tabs so they're not so claustrophobic, but it's fully functional, and speedy (after the initial db/icon loading at startup).

It's fun to play with.

https://github.com/Shendare/EQEmuItemEditor/releases/

Screenshot:

Old 08-10-2015, 12:13 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shendare View Post
I've been digging into the item table to figure out how all the different fields are used, seeing how they might be laid out in such a way as to somehow make 283 or so columns sanely editable, to help with EOC UX. Also wanted to get an item window renderer working.

I figured as long as I was figuring out field usage and layout and stuff, I may as well make it functional to save and create items as well.

Here's what I put together over the last week. It's a little raw and the fields need to be split into more tabs so they're not so claustrophobic, but it's fully functional, and speedy (after the initial db/icon loading at startup).

It's fun to play with.

Screenshot:

Looks good!
Old 08-10-2015, 12:19 AM
Shendare
Dragon

Thanks! I appreciate the appreciation.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:22 AM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

Cool. Tagging in.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:28 AM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

Very nice!
Old 08-10-2015, 11:50 PM
Shendare
Dragon

There was a glitch with creating new items and with changing an item's id.

Release 1.0.1 has the fix.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:49 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

This looks legit. Thanks, Shendare. Gonna play with this this evening when I get home from work. I don't mind making the items through SQL or the Peq editor, but I'm always on the lookout for other tools to do stuff like this.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:17 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Throwback to Jamella's editor

Old 08-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Had some downtime today and was able to get a bunch of glitch fixes and improvements in. Version 1.1 is up.

Release Notes:

Version 1.1 - 8/11/2015
  • Fixed: Error setting '[NumericField]' to ".
  • Fixed: "Lore Group: #1 (Oops!)" showing on new items
  • Fixed: Unrecognized tab could be populated with the same bunch of controls multiple times
  • Fixed: Smartened SQL encoding of various field types
  • Fixed: Added jpeg and removed targa from the Icon loader to match actual .Net support
  • Fixed: Vastly improved handling of app's edit-state and what item is being previewed/edited
  • Fixed: Handling of broken database connection at first startup
  • Fixed: Mismatched Preview of "Must Equip" and "Any Slot/Can Equip" click effect types
  • Added: Implemented cloning and deleting (with confirmation) multiple items at once
  • Added: Version number to window title
  • Improved: Better default values for some fields when creating New item from scratch
  • Improved: Unchangeable non-click spell effects on items now display as obviously unchangeable
  • Improved: Cloned items will now be named with a number after to denote that it's a duplicate
  • Improved: Clarified discard changes prompt for items where the ID has been changed
Old 08-11-2015, 09:19 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Man, it's always something. 283 fields is a lot for one table. Quick bug fix.

#Release Notes:

8/11/2015 - Version 1.1.1

* Fixed: Set maximum lengths on text fields based on the columns in the database, to prevent errors saving when text is too long. The maximum lengths are not being sent over by the database (they show -1), so I had to hard-code them.

* Fixed: Waist and Ammo armor slot checkboxes weren't displaying correctly.

* Fixed: The New item button was confusing the search list and preview window. Straightened it out.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:27 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

All I have to say is make sure your tool doesn't break if fields aren't present or new fields are added so that it does dynamic iteration and will live beyond schemes changes and doesn't need to be updated every time something happens to a field, other than that A+
Old 08-11-2015, 10:32 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Yeah. It'll skip over any input fields that it can't find a column for in the table based on its name (textEditCharmFile == items.charmfile, listEditItemType == items.itemtype, etc.), and any leftover columns that it doesn't find input fields for it dumps as textboxes in the Unrecognized tab.

It also dynamically recognizes the type of each column (int, float, date, varchar) and formats inputs appropriately to avoid errors as much as possible.

Should work pretty well no matter what.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:02 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Yeah. It'll skip over any input fields that it can't find a column for in the table based on its name (textEditCharmFile == items.charmfile, listEditItemType == items.itemtype, etc.), and any leftover columns that it doesn't find input fields for it dumps as textboxes in the Unrecognized tab.

It also dynamically recognizes the type of each column (int, float, date, varchar) and formats inputs appropriately to avoid errors as much as possible.

Should work pretty well no matter what.
A+

/10char
Old 08-13-2015, 11:20 PM
Shendare
Dragon

It was noted to me that it isn't 100% clear what you're supposed to do once you enter your database info and icon folder in the Options screen.

Once the options are filled out, click Search. If the database was accessed successfully, the app will show "Loading . . ." and start loading in a list of item names and spell names to aid in the item editing process, then present you with the search screen.

If the database connection was unsuccessful, you'll be sent back to the Options screen.

I will make this process clearer by adding a "Test" button on the Options screen and an error/confirmation message depending on the results of the connection attempt.

Sorry for any confusion there. The process made sense in my head, but nobody has ESP to know what I was thinking when I made it.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:23 AM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

Quote:
Sorry for any confusion there. The process made sense in my head, but nobody has ESP to know what I was thinking when I made it.
Sounds like you need a Tom Smykowski working for you!