Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-04-2018, 05:55 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Default CSHome in Unreal

In case anyone is interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUwd...ature=youtu.be

Just messing around still...

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 02-04-2018, 07:57 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Very cool. Always fun to see custom things like this

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 02-07-2018, 05:06 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Here is Gfaydark in Unreal Engine also, this work was done by my son. it is the original zone files and textures with everytrhing else updated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG7NstuGTdw

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 02-07-2018, 06:05 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Neat.

/10char
Old 02-08-2018, 04:02 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Orc Hill

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 02-08-2018, 07:45 AM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrateri View Post
Here is Gfaydark in Unreal Engine also, this work was done by my son. it is the original zone files and textures with everytrhing else updated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG7NstuGTdw
First one was cool but this one is amazing.. How long does something like this take?
Old 02-08-2018, 03:16 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Much amaze

Very wow

Such *gasp*

Old 02-09-2018, 03:22 AM
kokey98
Hill Giant

is this something that could replace exisitng zone files? re-map and use etc?

i would think it's just asthetic in nature -- x,y,z all that matters? the zone file and character stuff should be replaceable parts? physics is just constant forces applied within that 'space' of xyz. should translate too? the data stays the same as far as what is going on, but just asthetics have been swapped out.

the amount of work would be too much, just curious if it's feasible -- new client assumed. with an emu server, it could adapt server-side, if necessary too.

maybe a kickstarter? lol. expand on that and crowd-funding for those that contribute would be good regardless. could set up 'bounties' like the trinity project did with their wow emu servers to get more community involvement and lessen the burden on the main contributors. tangent alert! any force that could alleviate potential burnout of the key people behind emu continuing to improve is worth it.

just thinking about playing eq with good graphics makes me a lttle warm and gushy inside. not eq2, not wow, not blah blah f2p. EQ.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:42 PM
irongut_av
Fire Beetle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDSiRrTZ5bY

I've been a long time player of EQ and mess around with both EQEMU and the Unreal engine. I was able to import the original Arena zone into UE4 (latest version 4.20.2). It wasn't too hard; I used one of the many tools here to extract the obj file, convert it to fbx in Blender and then import the fbx into the Unreal Editor.

The textures are converted to unreal materials automatically, although the materials need to be flipped horizontally as they'll appear backwards. It's a fun little experiment for sure, but once converted it can't be distributed.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:22 AM
ryandward
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongut_av View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDSiRrTZ5bY

I've been a long time player of EQ and mess around with both EQEMU and the Unreal engine. I was able to import the original Arena zone into UE4 (latest version 4.20.2). It wasn't too hard; I used one of the many tools here to extract the obj file, convert it to fbx in Blender and then import the fbx into the Unreal Editor.

The textures are converted to unreal materials automatically, although the materials need to be flipped horizontally as they'll appear backwards. It's a fun little experiment for sure, but once converted it can't be distributed.
What do you mean? Hasn't Daybreak has already given their blessing of our community?
Old 09-16-2018, 06:28 PM
Uleat
Developer

You need to read the announcement...

- Specifically to Project 1999

- No clause excluding IP conversion

Compilin' Dirty
Old 09-16-2018, 09:55 PM
irongut_av
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandward View Post
What do you mean? Hasn't Daybreak has already given their blessing of our community?
I didn't create the mesh or textures that get converted into Unreal, so therefore it would violate IP laws to distribute them in any fashion. P99 might have the blessings of Daybreak, but I sure as hell don't.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:10 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandward View Post
There hasn't be a "blessing" by any direct means. There was an agreement with Project1999 which is a part of EQEmu indirectly which also indirectly assumes that our fan based project is accepted in the sense that we do everything to continue to stay respectful of their IP. As in, we don't distribute clients, provide custom client files or anything at a common sense level that will infringe on the official brand.

Any of the client projects that we've ever had in play have always had a dependency on the fact that you already have acquired the game yourself and have a local copy installed.