Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-14-2014, 01:58 PM
Louthin
Fire Beetle

Default Failed to Connect to database

Thanks again for finding where the login.ini file was .. it was under loginserver/login_util. And to answer that question its going to be public not a private one. So guess I don't have to mess with the login.ini. Still getting the same error I was having though. On Start.bat Error comes from being unable to connect to the database with 'eq'@'localhost' This Error keeps showing up with a #1045 code Tried changing the login.ini to match the eq for user pass and db but that still gave same error then changed the eqemu_config.xml to match the login.ini and that didn't work either. Still fails to connect to database only it will say 'root'@'localhost' instead of eq@localhost. Any Ideas? I'll keep working at it until I get a few replies ... Thank you in advance
Old 09-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Two things that come to mind are that the user id and/or password aren't valid or that mySQL isn't running.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:09 PM
Louthin
Fire Beetle

When you say user id and password not valid, which ones are they suppose to be? Just the ones that are included in your download and when you setup mysql right? mysql seems to run fine everytime I bring it up so I'm just going to assume that it has to be the user and pass being wrong. I did set the mysql password to root and by default it is root for user. The eqemu_config.xml has it all set to eq and eq and eq .. is this what is wrong? I've been playing around with changing them but no results as of yet. Check my mysql seems to be running just find and starting up just fine.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:10 PM
Louthin
Fire Beetle

omg I'm such a noob. I don't have EQ Titanium installed on my PC yet is that why its happening?
Old 09-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louthin View Post
When you say user id and password not valid, which ones are they suppose to be? Just the ones that are included in your download and when you setup mysql right? mysql seems to run fine everytime I bring it up so I'm just going to assume that it has to be the user and pass being wrong. I did set the mysql password to root and by default it is root for user. The eqemu_config.xml has it all set to eq and eq and eq .. is this what is wrong? I've been playing around with changing them but no results as of yet. Check my mysql seems to be running just find and starting up just fine.
If mySQL is running then it probably is the user id/password. The ones in eqemu_config.xml should match the ones you use to access the DB. If you didn't set up eq/eq as the user id / password then they won't work. Change eqemu_config.xml to what you are using to access the DB outside the server and see what happens.

Quote:
omg I'm such a noob. I don't have EQ Titanium installed on my PC yet is that why its happening?
no, that shouldn't affect anything.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:50 PM
Louthin
Fire Beetle

... WOW! yeah just switched my db to peq and it work. only now the peq.laucher doesn't exist is what it is saying now. well I changed the eqemu_config.xml file where it said database to match mySQL user and pass and db which was peq I also changed my qsdatabase to match the same ... I'll change it back and see if it makes a difference but right now the queryserver.exe looks like its working ok with just ONE line in there and the eqlaucher.exe is ... a blank window with the world.exe window show error WorldDatabase::GetLauncherList: #1146 Table 'peq.launcher' doesn't exist. Thank you SO much for telling me about that database thing .. it was a no brainer really but was stumping me to hell and back lol. Now peq.launcher? As always I'll be working it while I wait and Thank you in advance again for any replies.

Edit: Ok so the qsdatabase doesn't seem to really effect anything off hand that I see. it just straight missing 'peq.launcher' from the EQEmuServer folder?
Old 09-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Louthin
Fire Beetle

Anyway to close my last two threads? Well I can find a way to do it on my account maybe you guys can though. Close this thread please