Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:53 AM
acku
Fire Beetle

Default wtf...

wtf... how do i play this game....? i have read the readme and done everything it says.. but when im logging in, in that EQserver it says i have created a user, and i have (cyaberguy) and i have set a pw.. and when i run EverQuest.exe and press the same user: cyaberguy and pw as i do it that EQserver... it says that i must pay to play... I wanna play in private server, or that what it says on readme... BUT WTF
HOW DO I PLAY help plz...
Old 03-07-2008, 05:39 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

a) did you change your eqhost.txt to connect to Emu login?
b) are you running just everquest.exe or you running the modified shortcut as specified in play guide?
Old 03-07-2008, 05:39 AM
Leodextrin
Fire Beetle

I hope you didn't patch to live, which is what it sounds like, but if you have you are screwed, several other things to note. You must have the titanium version installed. I think directx 9 must be also. Also if you have patched to live and you do have the titaninum version. Do not ask for backpatchs. Just do a fresh install.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:54 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by acku View Post
wtf... how do i play this game....? i have read the readme and done everything it says.. but when im logging in, in that EQserver it says i have created a user, and i have (cyaberguy) and i have set a pw.. and when i run EverQuest.exe and press the same user: cyaberguy and pw as i do it that EQserver... it says that i must pay to play... I wanna play in private server, or that what it says on readme... BUT WTF
HOW DO I PLAY help plz...

Welp you didnt follow directions because you dont use everquest.exe ever when using EQemu.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:14 AM
ven-elexver
Banned

you will have to reinstall EQ. and make the changes to eq host text file and do not start eq till you follow the set up guild here in forums (how to play guide)
Old 03-07-2008, 11:17 AM
ven-elexver
Banned

go here http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=GetTit