Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-13-2018, 04:31 PM
deadite
Fire Beetle

Default Most Populated No Corpse Run Server

What is the most populated server that doesn't require corpse runs and could possibly be solo'd without boxing? Am I stuck with Live?
Old 04-13-2018, 04:48 PM
Cusser
Sarnak

not sure why population is a concern if you're going to solo. did you look through this list here ?

http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?pageid=serverlist
Old 04-13-2018, 05:15 PM
deadite
Fire Beetle

Mostly for socializing and shared economy, I suppose. I just play odd times in short bursts and can't commit to groups to progress.

I looked through the list some and it seemed most have corpse runs. Was hoping for some insight!
Old 04-13-2018, 06:49 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

As far as a "solo" server, no corpse runs, there is few there, (VoG comes to mind),
but getting into a little more picky preferences, such as population, content, etc, it
could be touchy. Because the "individual needs" are so diversified between the players,
in many cases, there will be compromises and sacrifices. If you've ever heard that
expression, "Can't have your cake and eat it too".
Even when someone erects a new server, (with their own ideals), there is no guarantee
that any amount of players will like the setup, and/or enjoy it. Usually one doesn't find
out until after server launch. The handful of "what I want in a server" that surface on
these forums are not the tellall, telltale of the projected population that a new server
is seeking. Quite often, when I see that opinionated phrase "nobody wants that", well,
that's the population I want to attract. All those "nobody's" that everyone keeps talking
about