Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 05:48 AM
Wolfofhate
Fire Beetle

Default Patch

Ok im still kinda new to emulators but my question is, I have read the latest patch messed up the emulator.. Is there anyway at all to patch to a version that does work if you installed a fresh copy of EQ? I searched but all I could really find were outdated posts and running the regular patcher gives you no way to select which version to patch to...

So I was just wandering what I should do about this?
Old 08-06-2005, 08:11 AM
taxious
Fire Beetle

I'm pretty new to this too, but from what I've read you are interested in 'backpatching' which is illegal or something. People don't like information about it to be passed around on these boards so I wouldn't look to find any more about it here.

My best advicve apart from that is to not patch EQ again, and to wait till they have EQemu 6.2 working.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:00 AM
DaveClarkpf
Fire Beetle

I'm pretty sure that backpatching is not illegal, if you own the game. If you bought eq and whatever expansions you plan on playing, you should be able to legally backpatch. You would probably be voiding some form of some contract you agreed to with sony, but at least you wouldn't be breaking some copyright law.

At least I think that's how it works. <Grin>
Old 08-06-2005, 12:13 PM
solid11
Discordant

The only way it's illegal is if you get the patcher from someone else. You should always backup your EQ directory in case of a patch. Yes, if you do some searching you will find a back patcher, but no one will tell you on here where to find one. The problem is there are many working versions of eqemu now with different dates of patches. From 6.0 DR1 to 6.2 DR0. 6.0 DR3 being the fav atm imoh. Do some work and you will get it working.

So no more asking about fresh installs plz. We thank you....=)