Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:35 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

There aren't any c++ changes necessary to use your own local eqemuloginserver. Just an additional database for server/account information that is easy to create from the template file listed above.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:01 AM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

\source-github\loginserver
Go play with that then and tell me it works 100% for what you would expect it to do.
Now last time I compiled was second pull from git ripo so maybe someone out of the blue decided to work on it. Doubt that.
Expectations, maybe you have much lower ones then I do.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:34 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwalkereci View Post
\source-github\loginserver
Go play with that then and tell me it works 100% for what you would expect it to do.
Now last time I compiled was second pull from git ripo so maybe someone out of the blue decided to work on it. Doubt that.
Expectations, maybe you have much lower ones then I do.
Or perhaps, I'm willing to do a little research to get it working rather than just give up. Sourcing loginserver/login_util/EQEmuLoginServerDBInstall.sql creates all the tables and example entries you need to get it working.

This guide explains what they are for and how to set it up with your preferred values rather than the default: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31783

Since you didn't say anything in your posts about what particular problems you had other than "wah, it doesn't work" we can't help you with anything specific.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

I'm not very smart or experienced with this, and my online time is really strongly limited to 1-2 hours every 3-4 days, so I'm having a bit of trouble following this argument.

In this section:
Quote:
Verifying that you have copied all the files into your server directory

In your eqemu (server folder) there should be 7 folders.

1. logs (this will be empty right now)

2. Maps (full of all the map files you downloaded)

3. plugins (has all the plugin files you copied from /quests/plugins folder)

4. quests (has all the quests you downloaded.)

5. templates

6. updated_templates

7. worldui

Aside from those 7 folders, you should have 21 other files in your server folder.
I am missing the worldui folder. I have worldui.pl. I'm curious as to what I screwed up here? --- I imagine I forgot to copy it from somewhere, but when I run a search function on my laptop, I can't find the folder, either.

With regards to setting up the personal offline login server:
wolfwalkereci; are you saying there is another option to set up an offline login server aside from the EQEmulator server? Some sort of private program? I'm uncertain what you mean by "just don't use it."

@lerxst2112: I tried reading the first page of the thread you linked and it wasn't super effective on my brain. I got confused between the stuff I'd already done but he put in different places and the things for setting up the private server? I tried to do a line by line comparison of the guides but then got lost again, too. I don't suppose you could point to the sections he wrote specifically about setting up the offline EQEmulator Loginserver for personal use? Or is the problem that I've only read the 1st page and some of the material is on pages 2-8?
Old 04-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

Alright. I went ahead; my revision (2506) is higher than any of the required updates in the cd C:\EQ\Source\utils\sql\svn folder

Then
Quote:
There may be further updates to apply in the following folder:
C:\EQ\Source\utils\sql\git folder
I go to the required sub-folder.

There is an error in sourcing the mercenaries;
source 2013_03_01_Merc_Rules_and_Equipment.sql

ERROR 1005 <HY000>: Can't create table 'peq.merc_inventory' <errorno: 150>
ERROR 1146 <42S02>: Table 'peq.merc_inventory' doesn't exist.

Also, I stupidly sourced the next one after that (2013_03_23_Escape_FadingMemories)...

So I'm close to done, but 4 problems:
1) No Worldutils folder
2) source 2013_03_01_Merc_Rules_and_Equipment.sql at all
3) source 2013_03_23_Escape_FadingMemories.sql too early
4) No idea how to get the private server going yet...

Will keep working and keep everyone posted. Thanks for all the help, and sorry for being dumb.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:59 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikeren View Post
@lerxst2112: I tried reading the first page of the thread you linked and it wasn't super effective on my brain. I got confused between the stuff I'd already done but he put in different places and the things for setting up the private server? I tried to do a line by line comparison of the guides but then got lost again, too. I don't suppose you could point to the sections he wrote specifically about setting up the offline EQEmulator Loginserver for personal use? Or is the problem that I've only read the 1st page and some of the material is on pages 2-8?
The "Gather EQEmuLoginServer files", "Setup PEQLoginDB DB and Logins", and "Finalize Connection Settings" sections explain how to setup the login server for local use. Ignore everything else.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

Sweet, thanks, that helps clear things up a lot.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Uleat
Developer

loginserver worked at one point in time, then was broken for Windows due to some unfinished upgrades.

A fix for that is posted on the forums, but it is all a moot point now because cmake generates the sln with proper configurations.

As far as Mercs, read this thread: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36676

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

I don't want to use mercs. Can I run without the mercs database update working?

Also, anyone have any idea why the worldui folder is missing?
Old 04-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

Alright! I got the merc thing sourced, though with errors. I think I am good to launch my server and log in (the 4 windows popped up and they only seemed annoyed about me not being online).

I'm still worried about missing the worldui folder --- what does that mean?

I'm trying to follow that private server guide that was linked earlier by lerxst, but having a lot of trouble. In the first set of steps, for example:

Gather EQEmuLoginServer files (.ini, .conf, .dll) from EQEmu Build
• Go to the folder where you downloaded the server sources (C:\EQEmuSVNFiles\EQEmu) and navigate to:
o trunk > EQEmuServer > EQEmuLoginServer > login_util.
 Then copy: eqemulogin.ini and login_opcodes.conf to your server folder (C:\EQEmu).

I don't have these files. In C:\EQ\Source\loginserver\login_util, I have:
login.ini (is this = to eqemulogin.ini?) and login_opcodes.conf and login_opcodes_sod.conf.

I also don't have a C:\EQEmu folder. Is this the same as the C:\EQ\EQEmuServer folder ?

• Next, navigate to:
• trunk > EQEmuServer > EQEmuLoginServer > login_util > ms >debug

My login_util folder does not have ms or debug folders. A search on my computer doesn't reveal an EQEmuAuthCrypto.dll file.

• Then copy: EQEmuAuthCrypto.dll to your server folder (C:\EQEmu)

I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong here.