Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 10-19-2015, 12:56 PM
jo3shmo3me
Fire Beetle

Default Script to give all PoP flags upon hailing?

Is there a way to give all PoP flags to a player upon being hailed?

For example - this is from another post here...

To skip the hedge event just place this script on a npc you hail.

sub EVENT_SAY {

if($text=~/Hail/i)
{
quest::say("She lied! She said she would release me if I found my way through the maze! Please, you must defeat her. It is the only way I will ever be free. I can help you escape this maze if you would like to [return]");
$client->Message(4,"You receive a character flag!");
quest::setglobal("pop_pon_construct", 1, 5, "F");
}
}

That is the actual script at the end of the hedge event.

I assume you can add to "quest::setglobal("pop_pon_construct", 1, 5, "F");" to give all PoP flags?

Is there a list of the flags that are needed to complete all PoP zones up through potimeb?
Old 10-19-2015, 02:08 PM
Cilraaz
Sarnak

You would have to look through all of the perl files for all PoP progression mobs. Each has its own flag (e.g., podisease/A_Planar_Projection.pl which spawns after a Grummus kill grants "quest::setglobal("pop_pod_grimmus_planar_projecti on", 1, 5, "F");").
Old 10-19-2015, 03:59 PM
jpyou127
Discordant

In my scripts, all PoP flags are listed on each flagging NPC's script at the bottom.

Celestial
Old 10-20-2015, 05:59 PM
jo3shmo3me
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpyou127 View Post
In my scripts, all PoP flags are listed on each flagging NPC's script at the bottom.

Celestial
Thanks for the reply. I ended up editing the essence that spawns when you kill the boss in Plane of Fire. I added all the PoP flags to his script when hailed. It did work... kind of...

My toon was flagged with everything according to the quests_global information however I am still unable to open the doors after finishing phase1 in Plane of Time.

Presently I have created a couple of level 65 toons and am going through all the PoP flagging events for each zone.

I am starting to wonder if the problem may fall that every toon I create is flagged as 250 GM status.

Thanks again
Old 10-20-2015, 06:39 PM
Cilraaz
Sarnak

Did you double check your flagging at Seer Mal Nae-Shi in PoKnowledge, just to be sure that you weren't missing one?
Old 10-21-2015, 03:54 PM
jo3shmo3me
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
Did you double check your flagging at Seer Mal Nae-Shi in PoKnowledge, just to be sure that you weren't missing one?
I forgot all about her. Thanks for the reply

I went to her and said "Guided meditation" and found that I did not have 1 flag with Askr in Plane of Storms. I headed out and did his task and checked once more back at Seer Mal NaeShi. There was a long list but none said I did not do something.

I still can not open the doors after beating all 5 named mobs from phase 1 in Plane of Time B. Starting to lose hope

Rather than take the short-cut and flag myself for everything, I made a couple more toons at level 65 and I'm going through all the events.

Do you think having my toons at GM status (250) or using #kill commands could alter my flagging?

I also noticed by using the #flags command that I only was flagged for Plane of Disease and Plane of Time. I wonder if I need to do each event to get all those flags.

Thanks for the reply
Old 10-21-2015, 04:42 PM
joligario
Developer

#kill does not give you credit. You should #damage.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:00 PM
jo3shmo3me
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by joligario View Post
#kill does not give you credit. You should #damage.
Interesting. I did not know this. Thank you for the reply. I will give it a shot tomorrow.

EDIT - Update: Thank you! Using #damage instead of #kill worked perfectly. I was able to complete all of Plane of Time without issue. Seeing Quarm once more really brought back that nostalgia I have missed all these years.