Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::need work

Quests::need work This is where quests that are outdated or still need work

Old 03-26-2016, 01:09 PM
tigurius
Fire Beetle

Default Franklin Teek - A Simple Task (Hotzones) - Kill Tasks Not Updating

I wanted to updated my server to be like the live version of Franklin Teek where he offers a small hotzone quest for a piece of Combatant/Adept armor. The only unsupported feature would be the 18 hour lock out.

I have all the dialog in, that was easy but having a problem with the kill tasks. I started off with the level 20 task which is Warsliks Wood, goblin bloodtracers and agressors, you need to kill 5.

tasks table:
id: 300
duration: 0 (infinte)
name: A Simple Task
description: [1, Kill 5 goblin aggressors or bloodtracers][2,Speak with Franklin Teek in Plane of Knowledge]
reward: 1 platinum <-- how can i show all the rewards here? Only the coin loot shows up as a hot link to my first reward item.
rewardid: 301
cashreward: 1000
xpreward: 4000 (this will need help on actual values)
rewardmethod: 1 (use rewards from goallist table listid 301)
startzone: 79 (warsliks wood)
minlevel:15
repeatable: 1

activities table:
taskid: 300
actvitiyid: 0
step: 1
activitytype: 2 (kill quest)
text1: Kill 5 goblin agressors or bloodtracers.
text2: null
text3: null
goalid: 300
goalmethod: 1 (use goallists id 300)
goalcount: 5 (kill 5 mobs)
delivertonpc: 0
zoneid: 79 (warsliks wood)
optional: 0

goallists table:
listid entry
300 79007 - bloodtracer
300 79010 - agressor
300 79017 - agressor
300 79019 - agressor
300 79031 - bloodtracer
300 79052 - bloodtracer

301 50324 - reward option 1
301 ... - reward option 2
... ... - reward option 6

After setting this up, I can speak with Franklin Teek, accept the [level 20] quest just fine, it shows up in the task list. However, when I visit Warslik Woods and kill any of the 6 allowable mobs on the goallists table, it does not count the kill on the task list.

Any ideas?

I can post all the final quest SQL and Franlin's pl file here when it's done and working.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:31 PM
tigurius
Fire Beetle

Update to this quest - I have verified the kill tasks work, I was trying to test using the GM command #kill which does not count the kill. However, normal spell/melee damage to kill the mob does count it. So that part works!

Now that I've been able to complete the task, I was able to get to the reward portion but it gave me the first item on my list rather than giving me a choice. I need to go back and make sure I have set this up correctly.

Also- I have been playing live and found out that Franklin changes up his tasks every day so there are multiple tasks per zone. I'm going to figure out if its random or if its a set schedule. Right now, I am just doing some simple date math offering task 1 on even days and task 2 on odd days.