Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Aengor
Fire Beetle

Default Zonewalk - Panda3D based simple zone viewer

Hi Guys

Not at all sure if this is the correct place to post this. I hope it is.

I've created a simple zone viewer program using python and Panda3d. Its not very feature rich yet and also limited to "old" zones (up to Luclin). It will barf on newer zones (will be supported at some point). Currently the program just displays the bare zone (no placeables etc) its still fun to play around with I think.

Since zonewalk is built with Panda3D it can potentially run on Win32, Linux32, Linux64 and various flavours of OSX. I've been developing it on Win32 though and so far have only tested it on that platform too. In addition to the win32 version I've uploaded the linux 32bit deb installer that the Panda3D build tool automatically created to the google code site too but I dont even know if that works. Maybe someone adventurous wants to give it a try

You can find the installers and the source at http://code.google.com/p/panda-zonewalk/

When you first start the program it will prompt you for a path to an everquest install (from where it will then load the s3d files). This info is stored in a configuration file. Under Windows 7 The Panda3D runtime places this file under C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\Panda3d\star t\zonewalk.cfg. You can manually edit this file if you want to change the base directory etc.

Have fun!
Aengor