Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:01 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Default Rivervale server lag? Client crashing

So my client (titanium) has crashed a few times when I have been playing on my server. Once was when I went from translocator in east freeport and tried to use the translocator in ocean of tears. Every time I clicked on him I would crash. Had to restart server and it was ok. Later on in rivervale doors are taking up to 10 seconds to open and it isn't helped by restarting or even letting the server sit off for extended periods. Doors in other zones don't seem to be having trouble. After clicking doors for a while I went to zone and it crashed. Another time it crashed at a banker. Sometimes also right clicking merchants would take a long time like the doors. Btw server is 16gb 2.0 quad core and it usually runs at around 40% processor and 30% ram usage. I am playing on the same rig but still the resources aren't bieng taxed too hard. So not entirely sure where the problem could be. I'm very new troubleshooting so if there are any logs that will help or how to turn on logs that info would be appreciated.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:35 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Well good news and bad news, the problem was my database. Now I have to figure out where in the last 70 database saves I went wrong lol. Hopefully it was where I deleted the "adventure" tables. It seems like the server is trying to find them which probably gives me lag.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:40 PM
DanCanDo
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgiaEQ View Post
I'm very new troubleshooting so if there are any logs that will help or how to turn on logs that info would be appreciated.
logsys_categories table in database to enable some logging.

Did you try other clients (UF/RoF2) to see if you had same problem?
Old 10-23-2016, 02:57 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Whew finally narrowed this down. It was fixed after I cleared some Character_ tables, merchantlist_temp table, and inventory_snapshot table. So there must be a problem with most likely merchant item saves or inventory snapshots.
Old 10-23-2016, 12:23 PM
Uleat
Developer

Inventory snapshots can be disabled..so, you can always disable those and keep an eye on the other two.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-23-2016, 03:20 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
Inventory snapshots can be disabled..so, you can always disable those and keep an eye on the other two.
Thanks ya I went ahead and did that. That was probably the issue because I had made them more frequent than default as well (not super frequent but it probably was the issue).
Old 10-23-2016, 03:34 PM
Uleat
Developer

It's been awhile since I wrote that..but, there is a base time for snapshots and a retry time for cases where the snapshot fails.

I may have to look at that and see if base times less than the retry could cause issues.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-23-2016, 04:01 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
It's been awhile since I wrote that..but, there is a base time for snapshots and a retry time for cases where the snapshot fails.

I may have to look at that and see if base times less than the retry could cause issues.
From what I'm remembering I think my settings were 90 min snapshot 30 min retry 7 day save. When I cleared the snapshot table there were I think like 150 entries; seems a bit high because it was only me playing but I seem to remember that number. But as soon as I cleared the snapshot table (and a couple other tables at the same time) it fixed it so not quite sure if just having too many snapshots in the database caused it or what.

Also rivervale doors opening time seems to be a great indicator. Also I was getting lots of client crashes.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:11 PM
Uleat
Developer

I can't say as to whether this is/was the actual cause of your lag issues..but, nothing in the save code should really cause that type of issue..weird...

Compilin' Dirty