Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:46 PM
chaple2008
Fire Beetle

Default New Server: Qeynos Cafe

I just brought up a new server Qeynos Cafe. It is running PEQ with Bots with a few changes. (Can't have everything the same.)

I am planning to add more custom content as I gain an understanding of Eq Emu. There is so much to learn. Hell, I spent a day writing a how-to manual on compiling eqemu on windows alone. I also want to thank the Dev's and people over at PEQ for the enormous amount of time they have put into this project.

The server is hosted on a linux vps and has 1gig nic's so bandwidth should not be an issue.

I'm online most evenings from 4pm to 10pm if you need a gm, contact Rats.

Vince,
a.k.a. GM Rats
Old 11-12-2018, 09:18 PM
chaple2008
Fire Beetle

The website is http://www.qeynoscafe.com
Old 11-13-2018, 03:11 AM
Excuses
Hill Giant

Just a few things;

Can you provide just a little more info? Is it classic all the way through PoP (max level 65) with bots enabled (i couldnt create bots, ^bot or #bot) is it level restricted?

Keen to give it a go, but the details aren't quite there besides classic to PoP;

Is there a hub zone, a spell to port back? buffers etc?

Good luck and i hope you work it out, i am ready to give it a shot.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:54 AM
chaple2008
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excuses View Post
Just a few things;

Can you provide just a little more info? Is it classic all the way through PoP (max level 65) with bots enabled (i couldnt create bots, ^bot or #bot) is it level restricted?

Keen to give it a go, but the details aren't quite there besides classic to PoP;

Is there a hub zone, a spell to port back? buffers etc?

Good luck and i hope you work it out, i am ready to give it a shot.
Actually, my website is wrong. I'm running an up to date PEQ database (GoD) with a few minor changes right now. Using the classic Exp model, clerics have components, and I got rid of the defiant armor for all classes.

I allow boxing, I have the code for bots enabled, but I'm missing a flag somewhere to actually enable them. They should be enabled soon enough.

The server itself is on a gigabit connection to the internet, two processors and 6 gigs of ram, unlimited bandwidth. So hardware wise I should be good.