Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-17-2019, 06:56 PM
zenshu1
Fire Beetle

Default Lavastorm

Does anyone know how to fix this completely jacked up zone? GM command to zone in puts you in the lava, Druid port spells put you in the lava, every single NPC in the zone is in the lava. This is completely game breaking without some way of fixing it.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:05 PM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

The easy answer is use the new LS map in your client.

The difficult answer is adjust your server's LS to the old LS if you want to use the old LS map in client... I have never been able to figure this out myself, so I could not even tell you where to begin.

Of course as a GM you could #goto a loc that puts you out of the lava... but that just lets you run around the zone.... that is about it...
Old 01-17-2019, 07:21 PM
zenshu1
Fire Beetle

I got it to work zoning from nektulos to lavastorm, and I followed the older post that said to rename the lavastorm.eqg file, but druid ports still are fucked and all NPCs and MOBs are still in the lava somewhere this seems like a huge issue that would cause a lot of servers to be completely worthless without some sort of fix so someone HAS to know how to make this zone actually work correctly so I am hoping by posting this I wont just get the expected litany of "learn to use the search function dude this has been posted a billion times just rename your client files" that I expect to be the majority of responses and at least one person has a real answer of how to fix this glaringly huge problem.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:34 PM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenshu1 View Post
I got it to work zoning from nektulos to lavastorm, and I followed the older post that said to rename the lavastorm.eqg file, but druid ports still are fucked and all NPCs and MOBs are still in the lava somewhere this seems like a huge issue that would cause a lot of servers to be completely worthless without some sort of fix so someone HAS to know how to make this zone actually work correctly so I am hoping by posting this I wont just get the expected litany of "learn to use the search function dude this has been posted a billion times just rename your client files" that I expect to be the majority of responses and at least one person has a real answer of how to fix this glaringly huge problem.
I already answered it... its only a glaringly huge problem if you MUST have the OLD map and do not want to figure out how to implement it... I don't want to so I use the new map...

Here is post on how to get ZL:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26856

Here is a post that talks about the process of reverting from the new zone to the old zones:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...t=26845&page=2
Old 01-14-2021, 02:34 PM
Pantical
Fire Beetle

You could open your database in HeidiSQL, locate grid_entries, click Show all. scroll down to zoneid 27 (lavastorm) and start with gridid 81000. Most all of those grid entries are out of bounds when using the original lavastorm map. For instance, most all original lavastorm z coordinates are +, unless you are in lava. There are a few exceptions, but this is why all of your mobs are under the world. Also, if you see a number higher than say 1500 or -1500, you know that entry is for the new lavastorm map. You will need to fix all of those, using coordinates that work in the original lavastorm map.

What I did, and I know there are much better ways, but I'm not that smart, is to change the first entry for each gridid to 0 0 0 with a long pause 120 or so. Then I #zone 27 0 0 0 and waited for the mob to show up. You can use #npcstats to verify you have the correct mob. #npcstats will reveal the gridid number. Then I walked to where I wanted the mob to spawn and #spawnfix. The /loc to get the coordinates, went to the first entry in grid_entries for that gridid I got using #npcstats and entered the #spawnfix /loc. Beware that the /loc coordinates are not in the correct order for your database.
For example, using /loc in Lavastorm I got "Your location is 704.63, 366.13, 170.65" at first glance you might think 704.63 is x, but that is wrong, it is y. You have to remember to flip the first 2 coordinates every time. For this example x = 366.13, y = 704.63, and z = 170.65. Now walk out a reasonable path for that mob using /loc and updating the grid_entries accordingly. Unless you have a classic database with all the correct information then you can just import those values. I do not have a classic database to pull from so I just walked everything out the best I could remember from prekunark EQ.

You will need to fix all the zone points (druid spell), Sol A, Sol B Nektulos. In HeidiSQL zone_points
1878 lavastorm y = -443, x = -525, z = 70
910 soldunga y = 798.87, x = 260.65, z = 130.5
1880 lavastorm y = 911.07, x = 483.99, z = 55.13
1147 soldungb y = 915, x = 535, z = 56
658 lavastorm y = 2929.24, x = 540.21, z = -10
1446 nektulos y = -1914.05, x = 80.64, z = -15

Then follow this post for creating an invisible NPC to teleport you into Najena, and one to teleport you into Sol Temple.
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23284

In short you need the following perl script in your quests/lavastorm folder.

#ZONE into Najena

sub EVENT_SPAWN {
my $x = $npc ->GetX();
my $y = $npc ->GetY();
quest::set_proximity($x - 50, $x + 50, $y - 50, $y + 50);
}

sub EVENT_ENTER {
quest::movepc(44, 852.5 -19.5, 4)
}

sub EVENT_EXIT {
quest::clear_proximity();
my $x = $npc ->GetX();
my $y = $npc ->GetY();
quest::set_proximity($x - 50, $x + 50, $y - 50, $y + 50
}

#END of FILE Zone::lavastorm ID:2000910 - - Najena_Scion

Note, the last line is specific to my invisible NPC. I followed the Luclin Scion behavior and named my invisible NPC Najena_Scion

Follow the same logic for Sol Tower.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Sam