Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:31 PM
steve
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabob View Post
idk how old this is but what about, just building support into the eqemu login server to support shards? That way Eqemu people would be like oh hey i wanna try that and SoD people would be like oh hey i wanna try that one and we could be one big happy family?
EQemu does not want to be associated with SoD in any way - they've been shut down by SOE on more than one occasion because what they are doing is illegal.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabob View Post
idk how old this is but what about, just building support into the eqemu login server to support shards? That way Eqemu people would be like oh hey i wanna try that and SoD people would be like oh hey i wanna try that one and we could be one big happy family?
Shards of Dalaya uses the old EQ Protocol, not the new (6.2 and later) one. It could in theory work, but SoD would have to re-write the protocol and update their packet structures. Plus there's some things in Titanium+ clients that are required... it's a lot of work, but doable.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
Shards of Dalaya uses the old EQ Protocol, not the new (6.2 and later) one. It could in theory work, but SoD would have to re-write the protocol and update their packet structures. Plus there's some things in Titanium+ clients that are required... it's a lot of work, but doable.
It would take an incredible amount of work to convert everything they have to somewhat be presentable on the same login-server. Even though the very beginning of this thread states the activity of their server and how it doesn't collide very well with community standards.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:09 AM
haynar
Developer

I had fun on SoD during the short time I played on it. It was fun to try something different for a change.

Haynar
Old 11-25-2010, 10:38 AM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Its a fun server but it has a serious "old boy network." Dare to be anything other then a yes man gets you nothing but trouble.

Also the above is enough to get you banned by them.
I had fun but I don't miss the gestapo staff.